Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Parrott's Project

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Ludicrous

You saved me a lot of work.

Not much else to show right now just sanding and fairing.

This is a CBBOATWORKS jig. I decided to build and my gracious friend provoded the shop space so we decided to build 2 at one time. As you can see the progress from setting up the base to setting up the jigs. Start the keel, stringers, battens, shearband and chine logs. So far to date we have about 5k a piece with enough epoxy to complete(we hope, it's expensive)

Thanks Ludicrous

This is a CBBOATWORKS jig. I decided to build and my gracious friend provoded the shop space so we decided to build 2 at one time. As you can see the progress from setting up the base to setting up the jigs. Start the keel, stringers, battens, shearband and chine logs. So far to date we have about 5k a piece with enough epoxy to complete(we hope, it's expensive)

You only have 5k into these at this time??? 2403_worshipper.gif2403_worshipper.gif

So I should be able to do the hull only on this for about 20k or less? http://www.cb-boatworks.com/home/our-designs/34-bluewater-express

Thanks Ludicrous

You only have 5k into these at this time??? 2403_worshipper.gif2403_worshipper.gif

So I should be able to do the hull only on this for about 20k or less? http://www.cb-boatworks.com/home/our-designs/34-bluewater-express

Gene at CBBOATWORKS should be able to tell you pretty close on material for the 34. We still have to get some wood for the floor, gunnels, inside, etc. We are buying consoles already built. Transom bracket, hardware, wiring etc. We are hoping for around 10k for the hulls complete minus the engines. We've never built a boat before so not real sure. These jigs make this a pretty easy job. Just some woodworking skills are needed. We've read every boat building thread we could find and talked Genes head off up to this point. Seems every boat build thread we've read you see each person doing something a little different so it's not an exact science in building boats.