Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

I always said it!!!!

I've always been on the side that thinks that Law avoiding, responsible, citizens gun owners are a good thing.

Never understood restrictions to carry your concealed weapon on places like universities, malls, etc...

Crooks do not follow the law, so by limiting the law abiding citizens to carry on these places, we are only giving some huge advantage to the perps...

Who know what would had happened if a teacher in Virginia Tech, would have had a concealed weapon, or columbine, or the university on germany...

Well... we do not have to assume any more, because it happened at a BK on MIAMI...

Kudos to the guy and I prey for his quick recovery!!!!

I can not imagine, the legal crap that he is going to have to go thru, and I hope they start some kind of fund raiser for his legal defense... I will gladly contribute!!!!

I know that a lot of you guys will chime in saying that he took justice on his own hands, and that his life wasn't in danger, and LEO saying how dangerous it is to pull that stunt, and look what he got in return.... BUT AT LEAST IN MY BOOK HE IS A HERO.... and theres one less scumbag less in the world to try to reabilitate....

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade...ory/965735.html

1 dead, one injured in Miami Burger King shooting

By ROBERT SAMUELS AND JENNIFER LEBOVICH

jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com

One man was killed and another seriously wounded in a shootout inside a Miami Burger King on Tuesday, officials said.

Police said a man wearing a ski mask walked into the store at Biscayne Boulevard and 54th Street and demanded money from a clerk.

A customer, who has a concealed weapons permit, pulled a gun, said Officer Jeff Giordano, a Miami police spokesman.

The customer and robber exchanged fire.

The robber was shot dead at the scene.

The customer, who had several gunshot wounds, was taken to Ryder Trauma Center in serious but stable condition, said Lt. Ignatius Carroll, a Miami Fire Rescue spokesman.

At about 4 p.m., officials got several 911 calls reporting people shot inside the Burger King.

Sad part is our typical liberal slant mass media will not report this except maybe on the local level. Same scenario and the guy shoots ten people without being stopped and it would be all over the big 3 news networks as a reason why guns are bad.

Carry mine every day and won't stop if they rape the constitution and take the right away....Hope I never need it.

Good for him, God bless him and I hope for a speedy recovery. This guy had guts. Too bad there was not a guy like him on scene when other massacres went down. I often wonder what would have happened at a place like VT if a trained armed good guy was in the classroom.

Thats my point to the discussion... By baning guns, in general or in some particular places, how do they expect to reduce crime???? the people willing to commit a crime will not care about a stupid law... it's not like they will think..."Hold on, I'm not allowed to carry my gun on that liquor store that I'm going to rob.... I better leave it on the car"

But the law abiding citizens will follow he law, finding themselves defenseless, when some crook decide to rob that store....

Proper history investigation and psychological test for applicants, would be a better way to confront this problem. which still does not make it impossible for crooks to get guns illegally, but it helps on selecting better on who is allowed to carry

Is my point THAT crazy?????

Sorry guys ,I disagree.

I read the story yesterday on Yahoo. This was a Burger King packed with after school kids around 4:00 pm. The robber came in ,pulled a gun and asked for the money. The concealed carry person drew on the robber and they each opened up! Fortunatly the bad guy was killed and the concealed carry guy took 2 or 3 rounds and is in the hospital. What if a couple of kids were killed or severly injured for life. He should not have drawn on the robber inside the BK unless life was threatened. From what I read there was no immediate signs the robber wanted anything but the money. Let the guy take the loot and shoot him in the parking lot. Please don't put kids in danger. There maybe something that was not in the story requiring the concealed carry guy to draw on the robber, but it was not in the article I read.

I;m not against "concealed carry". I'm ex-military and proud NRA member. I just don't think it's a good idea to pull a gun in a crowd. Don't play cowboy with kids lives.

Sorry guys ,I disagree.

I read the story yesterday on Yahoo. This was a Burger King packed with after school kids around 4:00 pm. The robber came in ,pulled a gun and asked for the money. The concealed carry person drew on the robber and they each opened up! Fortunatly the bad guy was killed and the concealed carry guy took 2 or 3 rounds and is in the hospital. What if a couple of kids were killed or severly injured for life. He should not have drawn on the robber inside the BK unless life was threatened. From what I read there was no immediate signs the robber wanted anything but the money. Let the guy take the loot and shoot him in the parking lot. Please don't put kids in danger. There maybe something that was not in the story requiring the concealed carry guy to draw on the robber, but it was not in the article I read.

I;m not against "concealed carry". I'm ex-military and proud NRA member. I just don't think it's a good idea to pull a gun in a crowd. Don't play cowboy with kids lives.

They were already in danger the way I see it. While I agree you engage when the perp poses an impending threat, I would have drawn on the guy as soon as he pulled a gun in my close vicinity. The very fact that he had a gun and was blazen enough to commit armed robbery in a full BK tells me he is an impending threat to all around. The point is good about engaging in the parking lot....but then by law I am now the aggressor and instigator. This is a tough call on what to do and everyone has a different idea of when they are threatened (for this reason your response would not be wrong if you didn't feel threatended or feel those around you were threatened) Hindsight is 20/20 but for myself, in this case, I would have felt threatened and felt those around me where threatened. I would have drawn and fired until the impending threat was over or my gun was empty. As with anything that carries the responsibility of choosing to concealed carry a handgun, you have to make sure you have really studied the law and played out the situations in your mind to know how to react and when to react to a deadly force encounter. I take the responsibility very seriously and do all I can to be prepared mentally and skill wise to react. It all comes down to interpretation...and you better be right or you will get eaten by the criminal justice system.

I should quantify the whole statement by saying from what I know of the encounter (because I only know what I have read) and that in the same situation things may have dictated a different response from me...like miller-time said...say kids in the immediate backgound. Point is, if you choose to carry please do all the legal and mental homework and range practice necessary to equal the amount of responsibility you have taken.

Sorry guys ,I disagree. .......

Frankly I am suspect of almost any story the main stream media reports as it relates to legal use of guns. How do we know if the bad guy was saying stuff like "I'm gonna kill you" or "hurry up or you are dead" to the person he was holding up.. How do we know if the clerk was getting all nervous, craping his pants and fumbling the money and the situation was getting tense. We don't and won't from stories in the general news media. they will slant a story any way they want and won't let facts get in the way.

In the mean time I am giving the guy the benefit of the doubt and calling him a hero.