Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boating and toe nail fungus

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a course of oral Lamisil twice. Worked like a charm, expensive, and always comes back. Topicals work if you are very patient and vigilant. Two Dr. buddies of mine recommended removing the nails. They guarantee a beautiful new nail will grow back, they can also guarantee the fungus will not be far behind.

I'm 50/50 with topicals now. One toe success, one failure. Still painting the stuff on and hoping for the best!

Did a course of oral Lamisil twice. Worked like a charm, expensive, and always comes back. Topicals work if you are very patient and vigilant. Two Dr. buddies of mine recommended removing the nails. They guarantee a beautiful new nail will grow back, they can also guarantee the fungus will not be far behind.

I'm 50/50 with topicals now. One toe success, one failure. Still painting the stuff on and hoping for the best!

Do not have the nail removed! There are no guarantees. Lamisil works and it's now in generic and much more affordable. Still need to have blood work to monitor liver. Best treatment?-combination of oral and topical. Stay on the topical as long as you can afterward to prevent it from coming back. If girlfriend has it, both should be treated at the same time. One last thing, GROSS pic.