Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Anybody Using "Windows 7" ?

Yep it does . I'm the speed tester for everyone as I am dialup at the house [ not for much longer though ]

My machine also has the Quad Core processor , can't wait to see it on High speed as I think it may do sexual favors then .

Yep it does . I'm the speed tester for everyone as I am dialup at the house [ not for much longer though ]

My machine also has the Quad Core processor , can't wait to see it on High speed as I think it may do sexual favors then .

You mean it doesn't do such favors yet? Mine does! :1143_neener_neener_neener:

This laptop has me stumped now; I dared to criticize it yesterday in this thread, and today it fired right up in less than a minute and is purring like a kitten. (My earlier post was done on Big Momma, the desktop.)

Enough to drive me to drink. Which, come to think of it, sounds like a hell of a good idea. :1992_beer_cheer:

Hmmmmmmm. I had more issues with XP than I have had with Vista. Ive been running Vista since it came out. I had a few problems with drivers in the beginning, but everyone is now caught up. I just loaded SP2 and my lap top is running great. I have learned that you can't neglect maintenance on these systems. I run a registry cleaner weekly. I also run Driver Detective monthly. As a "just in case" I run Carbonite to continually back up my files.

If I were considering Windows 7, I'd wait a year for the drivers to catch up and the bugs to be eradicated. It, after all, is a Microsoft product. Better yet, but a Mac........

I have a new desk top , it's a HP Pavilion 640 G hard drive and 7 G RAM with Vista SP1 and it has a 22" wide screen monitor that turns 90*

It runs Vista like it aint nutten , no problems so far . I think it has all the same stuff as the old one but just looks different .

All this and I run a Web site on DIAL-UP.

Of course I have a Net Book that I use at work with High Speed :]

Wow 7 G Ram can I borrow that machine for a few hours to play Call of Duty?

Vista has a lot of nice features, but its resource intensive. Not a lot of netbooks gonna run on Vista. Also, getting pre-Vista apps to run without crashing is another story.

Will MS launch 7 and expect the user base to find bugs like in the past? Will they ever again provide free phone support that understands English? Will memory requirements be greater than space used by the OS? These are all valid questions :rolleyes: .

Seriously, many folks have made a better than average living courtesy of Microsoft. Thanks, Bill.