Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Finally Got To Test My Spot Messenger

as i have reported in other posts i was fortunate enough to have a two day window of great wx. first chance to put the Spot messenger through its paces. hit the "track" function on a 2 day 250 mile trip. seemed to work pretty good on my end.

below is a pic of my wife's computer screen. she watched the fishing trip in real time, and accessed the link at home and from work....pretty darn cool. :239_fishing:

post-2300-1240799715_thumb.jpg

Mango Tango thanks for sharing the info on the SPOT......I'm searching the net for a deal on one now. I think I have seen your boat around the Clearwater Pass area before if ever I get close enough I will give you a shout-out.

i probably resemble that remark.......when ever the Admiral says it's my turn to use the boat....entertain me....we cruise up the coast and come thru Clwtr Pass and down the intercoastal to get a bite at the Pub.

Not the "Pub" but at my house everybody gets a fish dinner.........see i do like cats. :1992_beer_cheer:

post-2300-1240841970_thumb.jpg

post-2300-1240841980_thumb.jpg

Put the SPOT on the golf course and do something interesting. Go fishing.

That picture from the computer screen is super neat. Now exactly where did you catch those fish?

what is really cool is when you select SAt view. it shows bottom topography. i caught those fish in the dark areas where you see the multiple "pings".

post-2300-1241051251_thumb.jpg

In the islands, that would be breakfast, with a Red Stripe instead of the Bud....and maybe ackee instead of the little green bushes...... :P :P

Good job, Jim. Looks like everyone got fed. Our Jack Russel eats for days lapping up around the cleaning table!