Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Let's Get Mad

I'm not affiliated with MAD, but I just thought I'd throw a post up here for anyone that may not read the Carolinas forum.....Military Appreciation Day 4 (MAD4) is coming up in Morehead City, NC on May 30th.This is a great cause, as it is a way of thanking those who serve our country.

MAD4 needs a little help. It's my understanding that in spite of the hard work by HOTSPOT, Scott K, RobbieDon, and many others, there are currently not enough boats signed up to get all of America's Finest that are signed up out fishing. Here are a few ways you can help:

1. If you are close enough, sign up to volunteer yourself and your boat to take some of our troops out fishing. (I did)

2. Donate money to help hire charter boats. http://www.militaryappreciationday.org/phpBB3/donate.php

3. Donate items for the fund raising raffle. http://www.militaryappreciationday.org/phpBB3/donate.php

4. Buy raffle tickets to help with the fund raising. There's a list of great prizes. http://www.militaryappreciationday.org/phpBB3/raffle.php

5. Contact HOTSPOT to find out other ways that you can help

Here is a post from today that HOTSPOT made in the Carolinas forum....as you can see, there's a growing number of heroes that would love your help to go fishing! If you live too far away to volunteer your boat, a few dollars to help hire charters would be the next best thing! You'll even get your name put up on the MAD website donors page!

Folks,

We have already passed our previous year's number of Enrollees (Heros) and they are still coming in. We are overbooked and currently can only put enrollees on a waiting list.

If you have a boat and are free on Saturday, May 30th, we could sure use your help.

You don't have to take these Heros 30 miles offshore either. They are just as happy with inshore, heck, they are just happy to be aboard!

Yes, time are tough for everyone, but these Heros deserve all you can do. The feelings you will get and the memories you will make during this event will last a lifetime and the satisfaction you will feel by helping MAD is just hard to describe in words.

Help us Thank Those Who Serve America!

Take a look at these numbers:

55 Volunteer Boats with 156 seats

2 Headboats with 180 seats

148 Volunteers (Boat and Land)

379 Enrolled to fish

169 Enrolled for onshore activities

568 Enrolled for cookout

712 Total for cookout

Waiting List:

49 Enrolled to fish

15 Enrolled for onshore activities