Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Introduce Yourself

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They call me "CATCHell" for good reason?

Anyway a big Hello to all.

I got lucky a couple of years ago and sold out my charter business, before uncle sam put me out!

Still P. O. 'ed about that, I have not done much fishing since and reelly miss it.

I am currently looking for a ride, getting tired of being sick and tired of semi-retirement.

Old fisherman never die never

New to forums so please be easy, thanks in advance.

Capt. CATCHell

Swing on down to Destin and we will go have a blast, I have to tell you though I am a jigaholic.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys!

I'm Linda (aka Boongirl on THT)....one of the few - and proud - fisherwomen who post on these boating/fishing forums :239_fishing:

I just discovered boating and fishing in '07, when I bought my first boat - a 21ft Sea Hunt bay boat. Would love to have a whole fleet of boats one day!

I have yet to explore Horn Island and the LA Marsh.

I live in the Pass, and I love to fish all the waters of the MS Gulf Coast including the barrier islands.

MY FIRST REDFISH (Caught on the Pearl River)

post-5564-1250819212_thumb.jpg

post-5577-1250885252_thumb.jpg

Lets hear from y'all .

Where do you fish out of ? Lake Conroe & along the Gulf Coast, mainly Texas coastpost-5577-1250885252_thumb.jpgpost-5577-1250885310_thumb.jpg

What do you like to fish for ? Crappie, redfish, specs

What about your boat and Tackle ? Fishing boat is a 2007 22' Blue Wave CC with a 225 Yamaha & on the lake I have a 50' Gibson to sleep on, hence the name "Sleeping With the Fishes"

Or any other Boating /Fishing related topic .

Oh Yeah , we like PICTURES . For some reason, the fishing boat came up twice. hmmmmmmm

Enjoy and Welcome to the Gulf Coast forum.

• 2 months later...

Moved here to get away from the kids. They wouldn't think of looking down here.

Spent most of my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington and Alaska.

I fish in Smith Lake and Catoma lake now.

Mostly for the fun of fishing. I bring home Cat's and occasionally a big Bass.

I row this little boat on the small lake. I like the quiet when I'm fishing.

post-4615-1257222349_thumb.jpg

I plan on trading this V for a Jon as I'm needing a bit more stability these days.

For fishing in the larger Smith lake, I use this bigger Tin boat with the 25 Hp Mariner.

By the GPS it go's 28Mph. I like this boat for getting me around the lake and its so stable I can get up and walk around in it.

post-4615-1257222545_thumb.jpg

If your coming through this way, lets have Coffee...

• 2 months later...

Rick here - from Sarasota, FL. Been here pretty much my whole life except the 10 years I spent in the Army - bounced around to a few "scenic" spots while in there.

Bought a '71 170 Aquasport in '88 and have done some rebuilding on it and it's my primary fishing machine. I do a lot (well, wish it were more) bay fishing as we have a lot of bay here. I fish for anything that'll bite - mostly artificial and catch Red's, Specks and an occasional Snook.

Bought a '92 230 Aquasport Explorer in '06 for the wife because the 170 was "too bouncy". It is like going from a VW bug into a Cadillac Escalade. In fact I can almost put my 170 in the back of the 230 being it's cockpit is wide open 13' from helm to engine. We use it primarily for boat camping and have it set up pretty nicely for that. I also troll a bit in the gulf in her for cobia and whatever else will bite.

I Admin a boating website classicaquasport.com - it's a niche site for a brand boat and the only one on the net. We have under 2000 members, so it's pretty small. It's a very laid back site, like this one, that's very helpful for Aquasport owners and a few other classic boat lines.

Glad to find another laidback site that I don't have to get all pumped up just to walk in the door.

My name is Tim Warren and I live in Texas now I'm from the west coast Oregon

I was a home builder for 28 years bought a commercial salmon boat out of Winchester Bay and fished it and loved it but the flat line economy Gov. Closures could not make it. I was a licensed river guide. Fished from the Rogue river Agness to the middle & eastern parts of the state. The best Job-fun ever, I made my first 2.00 at 8 years old showing some city guy how I caught my stringer of fish.The construction job well I was fired in one day from a Company that was built on a lot of my blood and 14 years Sep 2004 .Best thing that ever happened, not at the time ,but looking back. I did have these other things in place but not for long as mentioned above. I was always involved in the Tackle industry and got invited to China from the owner of Pro fish in Nov. of 2004 I went and toured many tackle & rod factories and started building custom rods and tackle in China. Today is a different story

• 2 weeks later...

James Lawrence from small town SW Ga. Fish mainly out of Lanark/Carrabelle Fl. Have place on St. James. Bottom fish, Kings, Spanish, trout and reds mainly. Coon hunt in the winter. Was raised in a family automotive repair shop, do auto machine work, operate large and small tow trucks and have been managing the family parts store for the last 4 years.

• 4 months later...

My name is Jack. I've fished my whole life, but really got involved in the sport starting in 1972 when I moved to Miami. 10 years ago I moved again to New Port Richey, FL, about 30 miles N of Tampa, where I currently fish both offshore and flats. My son is a freelance Capt in Jupiter, FL and I also visit and fish the Atlantic side too. I've fished over most of the Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska, Costa Rica, Vancouver and even Africa. I currently own a 23 CC Lionmar w/ twin 200 Yams, and a 20' Express with a 90 Merc. The Express is a flat bottom jon boat for skinny water. I'm retired and work 2 days a week at a tackle store. Best job in the world. Customers come in and brag about the fish they are catching, which tells me what's biting, and where. The job get's me a discount on tackle and put's gas in the boat - what more do I need?? :) I wrap rod for friends and relatives and tie saltwater flys and bucktail jigs commercially. I'm currently tying 350 8/0 treble flys for a customer in NJ who sells them to troll behind bunker spoons for stripers.

First Swordfish

FloridaFishing032.jpg

Cobia

30LbCobia10-10-07.jpg

Wolf Eel

Dscn0238sml.jpg