Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Saltrock Boats New?

I saw a boat that looked identical to that Metal Shark Boat (I'm not sure if it was one or not) and I was extremely impressed. It was sitting on the trailer in a parking lot. The lines of the boat looked different and I wanted to figure out the make of the boat. I didn't realize it was aluminum until I got pretty close. They are extremely impressive boats.

I saw a boat that looked identical to that Metal Shark Boat (I'm not sure if it was one or not) and I was extremely impressed. It was sitting on the trailer in a parking lot. The lines of the boat looked different and I wanted to figure out the make of the boat. I didn't realize it was aluminum until I got pretty close. They are extremely impressive boats.

Could have been an Intimidator. They look a lot like the Metal Shark / Gravios or an Aluma-Marine

PS1.jpg

Came across a new to me boat builder (RockSalt) and thought it was worth passing it on. Just gotta love toy's!

Has anyone any knowledge of this builder?

http://rocksaltboats.homestead.com/

Soundings had an article on them and alloy boats this month. Couldn't locate the section in the online version. Looked one over in MA last summer - built like a floating tank. Some of the hatches are cast aluminum and look like bulkhead doors from a naval vessel :blink: