Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Prop Questions

FishinNutz

(Is this Ken as in "PROP GODS" ken?)

Yes FishinNutz, thats me.

going 29 mph at 4200 RPM is 28% slip.

That is pretty high, so your Tach is definately not reading low.

I'd go with 15 Enertia's and see what happens.

To the OP-

I would definitely talk to this guy (Ken) before you drop $800 or $1000 on props you don't need, so that when (if) you do purchase them, they are the ones that you DO need......I haven't actually purchased from him, but I did have a conversation with him where he could have easily sold me a prop that I didn't really need, but instead he determined that I already had the best prop for my application. THAT, in my opinion, is a stand-up guy....when I do need a prop, I'll definitely call him first.

Ken-

I hope you'll consider becoming a sponsor once Wiley opens the forums up to that....your input has helped many people on THaT other site!

Edit: Oops...I see that you already got the ones Ken suggested....Oh, well...props (pun intended) to Ken.