Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Navionics question

I liked Navionics w/Raymarine on my last boat and would have stayed with them except finding the right deal on a 90W screen was hard. I don't need fluff in my charts like 3'D contours and what nots.

I did buy into the multi card reader they offered a few years back for 200 or so bucks and was very disappointed. They produce good charts but not so good products outside of them IMO. It left a bad taste in my mouth. There was a pretty big "bitch fest" a few years ago on another site about their products outside of their charts.

No, I used them on my last boat (C-120) and now use a Garmin 4208 on my Conquest.

My point was that when Navionics came out with the card reader that would let you run your chip on your home computer it was a POS. I liked there charts but I'm not a fan of how they released the card reader knowing it had troubles.