Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Shipping Wars

I happened to watch shipping wars for the first time last night. Learned that they are filming U Ship and could think nothing else other than all the posts I've read about people getting their boats shipped using them.

A few of them 'shippers' (for lack of a better term) didn't look to have the smarts to come in out of the rain. Trusting them to move a new boat would be about the last thing I'd do. A few didn't even have insurance or tags!

Why somebody would purposely overload a trailer with two boats is troubling.

The kid who lives in his van hauling a trailer with no tags, getting paid to do so, with no ICC or DOT numbers and permits was dumb. The guy who tested the height of his load at 45 MPH entering the tunnel was over the top.

The 2500 bucks I spent getting my boat moved from Jupiter to Mass was the best money I spent. The guy had referances from the marina, I met him in person, he provided proper insurance as requested, had over wide permits for some of the trip but for a 105 inche boat I wasn't worried, and showed up here in two days. Other than some winter road grime the boat arrived the same way I left it 3 week earlier.