Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Handheld spotlight

Yep... mine finally took the deep six dive... rechargeable battery is dead as a doornail.

So, who has one they like? How long on a full charge, how bright, and will it operate while charging from the 12-v dc power cord (believe it or not, some do not!). Waterproof of course and an idea of how heavy would be nice.

Let's have at it.. ;)

Yep... mine finally took the deep six dive... rechargeable battery is dead as a doornail.

So, who has one they like? How long on a full charge, how bright, and will it operate while charging from the 12-v dc power cord (believe it or not, some do not!). Waterproof of course and an idea of how heavy would be nice.

Let's have at it.. ;)

Capt Ed

Mine crapped out while Gator hunting! :753_hammer_hitting_head: I ended up getting one from bass pro but like you said it wouldn't work while charging. :753_hammer_hitting_head::753_hammer_hitting_head:

I have tried several different brands of rechargeable spot lights and have yet to find one that holds up. The battery always goes first.

I ended up going back to my old 12 volt plug in spot light that works religiously.

I buy a cheap rechargeable one for about $15 at Sears or other stores after a couple of years the battery does die and I get a new one.

I have tried several different brands of rechargeable spot lights and have yet to find one that holds up. The battery always goes first.

I ended up going back to my old 12 volt plug in spot light that works religiously.

where can I find a plug in anymore ??? need them for shrimping...hard to find any xcept recargeable ??

pep boys sells a vector rechargeable for $10.......they last about 2 yrs, they are basically disposable....

Let's have at it.. ;)

Coincidentally, I just purchased a new handheld spot this morning on-line. After several years of frustration due to buying the cheapo Chinese models and having them crap out annually for one reason or another, I decided that it was an important enough item to find a high-quality product...still didn't want to break the bank, but I wanted something of quality. Found it here:

http://tufflights.com/Item.asp?ItemID=76

Free shipping / no tax (outside of FL)...pulls only 8amps and is made specifically for the marine environment. Can't wait to use it - no more half - assed spotlights failing at just the wrong time -

Couldn't find anything that touches this product for the price - they make a few sizes - make sure you look at the "ML" (Marine Light) versions...

Good Luck!

Dave

Q-Beam still makes plug-in models.

I've owned various models from them since I was a kid back in the 70's. Their quality seems up to snuff.

Good luck!

I have several now but I bought one of those Vector's that you plug in to recharge and that thing has been awesome. I was very suprised. It is super bright and the charge lasts a long time. It has a yellow plastic casing around the light.