Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Our Friend, KeyPineSavage

For those of you, and there are many, who knew Ted, he will be sorely missed, both as a contributor, but, more importantly...as a friend. Bless his soul, bless his family, especially that cute little granddaughter of his, climbing on his boat...

May, Theodore N. "Ted" Age 71 of Minneapolis, Bloomington and the Florida Keys. December 7, 1939 - July 24, 2011. Predeceased by mother, Genevieve May, father, Robert May, brother, Robert May, Jr. Survived by wife of 48 years, Aase; son, Christopher R. (Kim) and son, Jesse (Julie) and two grandchildren, Samantha and Luke; brother, Tom May; sister, Virginia May; six nieces and nephews; and his loyal hound, Mr. Nibs. Born in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Graduated from Augustana College. Traveled in Europe for two years, where he met and married his wife, Aase, in Copenhagen in 1963. Worked on the construction of interstate I-90 driving a cement truck, and for the Associated Press in Sioux Falls, SD. Graduated from the of University of Minnesota Law School in 1969, taught law at William Mitchell School of Law, worked as special assistant to the State Attorney General and as a partner in private practice. Owner of The 400 Bar and the Basement restaurant from the mid 70s to the mid 90s. In 1984, became an early Macintosh adopter, resulting in a lifelong passion for all things Mac. A brilliant conversationalist and lover of debate, no gathering will be the same without him. Memorial gathering 2 pm Saturday, July 30 at 1928 Princeton, St. Paul, MN 55105. Please call 612-724-8707. If wished, memorials to the charity of choice.

Too many good people in this world die far too early.

I only knew Ted from THT and talked with him many times over the last few years there. Great guy and very helpful to myself as well as many others. May you RIP buddy and thoughts and prayers to your family. The boating comunity has certainly lost one of the great ones. I'm another that was shocked to learn Ted's age.

I only knew Ted from THT and talked with him many times over the last few years there. Great guy and very helpful to myself as well as many others. May you RIP buddy and thoughts and prayers to your family. The boating comunity has certainly lost one of the great ones. I'm another that was shocked to learn Ted's age.

Just goes to show you Dave, age is simply a chronological measurement...

Thoughts and prayers all around. What was Teds screen name? What was his last post? Got it. KeypineSavage. Rip.

Ironically, Ted's last post on THT was post #6000, a little tidbit pointed out by our friend here, TriumphRick...

And his last post...http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-outdoor-photos/268706-building-27ft-cc-79.html#post3885206

His little granddaughter and Mr. Nibs in the sig pic...