Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

can't access THT

I would think THTechs had to block some of IP's from reaching their servers in order to stop the DOS attack.

If they block a main IP (Like Comcast or Verizion) then several users under that blocked umbrella will not have access to that site, but they still should be allowed to visit others.

Hope this is starting to make sense.

:rb-rules:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't mean to offend anyone, certainly not Wiley. I know my way around my computer, but all this DoS, hacking crap is not only WAY beyond my pay grade, it is also something I would never do, never even consider! People like Wiley work hard to operate forums like RB, to me hacking them is like stealing...a no-no.

And yeah, Marlin, I probably needed a new router anyway. Like I said, the old was somewhere around 6 years old, and at $30, who really gives a chit? I'm good to go, it's good to see you and Chris here, you guys ought to stop in more often! :605_thumbs_up: :605_thumbs_up:

I called Verizon again and finally got someone who knew what the were doing and getting payed for.He broke and renewed my lease,which asighned new settings.By doing that it resolved my problem.He also said that he thought that anyone who was on that site when they discovered what was happening got blocked and I happened to be one of them.