Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

can't access THT

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the little "hoax" over there played havoc with a lot of people's routers, including mine. New router fixed the problem...

Which is bullshit to me! It's one thing to mess around on a competing site, causing a little bit of grief but nothing more, it's another thing to cause the purchase of new hardware. Maybe my Lynksis was headed south, but the issues the hackers pulled certainly didn't help the situation.

The way one becomes better in a competitive environment is to do what the other does BETTER. Not pull retarded little 5th grade pranks like were pulled over there. I know Wiley has nothing to do with what happened, but somebody HERE certainly did... :1925_: :1925_: :1925_:

Edited by seabob4

The RB AD and the router issue are unrelated.

I had an ad account through google under a domain name I sold a while back. It appears the new owner may have activated the email again not knowing it already had ads associated with it.

Thus, ads from 2 years ago are re-appearing.

I'm not even sure the banners link to here. They may link to other domains which I have sold as well.

That's the bottom line. IB's router / DNS issues are their own. There wasn't any hack.

:rb-rules:

Wiley, c'mon man, you expect us to believe a revived "email" account associated with a purchased domain name pops up on THT, at the top, no less, telling all who go there to come here, and it was a "coincidence"? Especially after all those who reported on THT about router issues?

I could access every one of my bookmarks, Maggies as well, Windows XP, MAC OS 10.5, except for THT...

Where's that turnip truck I fell off yesterday? :1121_wink: :1121_wink:

Yup, that's it.

Conspiracy nonsense was one decision which led me to the sale of THT.

Last I'll speak to this.

Wiley, no one is associating you with what happened over there, but something definitely DID happen...