Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

can't access THT

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened at THT had absolutely nothing to do with Wiley. It was a DoS (Denial of Service) attack on the servers. The reason for residual difficulties in signing in is also nothing to do with your router, and everything to do with the new IP that is acquired when a new router is installed. You can accomplish the same thing by releasing your IP and acquiring a new one, which is a little more complicated than a reset of the router, but there's a 14 year old on YouTube that can guide you through it easily enough.

The short version of why there are still problems signing in is that a ton of IP's get blocked in order to stop this kind of attack, and they have to be sifted through to eliminate the ones that aren't problematic. The ones that seem most affected appear to be mostly overseas, a big hunk of comcast, and a smattering of others.

Again: It has nothing to do with Wiley, and frankly, it's pretty surprising that anyone would think so.

So in other words my IP is on the [which happens to be Verizon] chit list.Verizon has run tests on my router

and they tell me that it is OK.

What happened at THT had absolutely nothing to do with Wiley. It was a DoS (Denial of Service) attack on the servers. The reason for residual difficulties in signing in is also nothing to do with your router, and everything to do with the new IP that is acquired when a new router is installed. You can accomplish the same thing by releasing your IP and acquiring a new one, which is a little more complicated than a reset of the router, but there's a 14 year old on YouTube that can guide you through it easily enough.

The short version of why there are still problems signing in is that a ton of IP's get blocked in order to stop this kind of attack, and they have to be sifted through to eliminate the ones that aren't problematic. The ones that seem most affected appear to be mostly overseas, a big hunk of comcast, and a smattering of others.

Again: It has nothing to do with Wiley, and frankly, it's pretty surprising that anyone would think so.

So in other words my IP is on the [which happens to be Verizon] chit list.Verizon has run tests on my router

and they tell me that it is OK.

I have a Verizon router as well. I was able to release my DHCP lease and get it to pick up a new IP. Had to power it off for about 30 minutes after releasing. You can google changing the IP on a Verizon router and find the steps to do it.

This feels like it is bordering on the inappropriate. If so, my apologies.

Hey Joe.