Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

can't access THT

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seabob... if there was any "hack" it was more than likely from you.

Based on my input to this site over the past 2 1/2 years, that is an insult. I think highly of you, and respect the dedication that you have shown to both the "original" THT and to reelboating. But that comment, sir, was uncalled for...

What happened at THT had absolutely nothing to do with Wiley. It was a DoS (Denial of Service) attack on the servers. The reason for residual difficulties in signing in is also nothing to do with your router, and everything to do with the new IP that is acquired when a new router is installed. You can accomplish the same thing by releasing your IP and acquiring a new one, which is a little more complicated than a reset of the router, but there's a 14 year old on YouTube that can guide you through it easily enough.

The short version of why there are still problems signing in is that a ton of IP's get blocked in order to stop this kind of attack, and they have to be sifted through to eliminate the ones that aren't problematic. The ones that seem most affected appear to be mostly overseas, a big hunk of comcast, and a smattering of others.

Again: It has nothing to do with Wiley, and frankly, it's pretty surprising that anyone would think so.

What happened at THT had absolutely nothing to do with Wiley. It was a DoS (Denial of Service) attack on the servers. The reason for residual difficulties in signing in is also nothing to do with your router, and everything to do with the new IP that is acquired when a new router is installed. You can accomplish the same thing by releasing your IP and acquiring a new one, which is a little more complicated than a reset of the router, but there's a 14 year old on YouTube that can guide you through it easily enough.

The short version of why there are still problems signing in is that a ton of IP's get blocked in order to stop this kind of attack, and they have to be sifted through to eliminate the ones that aren't problematic. The ones that seem most affected appear to be mostly overseas, a big hunk of comcast, and a smattering of others.

Again: It has nothing to do with Wiley, and frankly, it's pretty surprising that anyone would think so.

It's also pretty surprising that Wiley would accuse me of the hack as he wrote in post 18...

Edited by seabob4

THANK YOU RICH!

Seems that is exactly what happened.

There is no magical code that can be posted to take down a website or ruin a router.

It's ALL DNS!

Seabob, you insinuated falsely so many times that the THT problems were created from here that I had to throw it back to you and let you know how it feels to be accused of something the accuser knows nothing about.

"Google" your hack method and let me know what results you find.

My old ad reappeared when the account was reactivated by the new domain owner, at the same time THT had a DOS (which is trackable). Coinsidences in life DO happen.

It's also pretty surprising that Wiley would accuse me of the hack as he wrote in post 18...

That didn't go unnoticed, but I was pretty sure I caught Wiley's intent on that.....he confirms it above.

Wiley,

I NEVER accused you, or any of the people you might have working with you, about the issue that happened on THT...MANY times! Go back and read my posts. I said it had to do with SOMEONE on here...a member. You didn't get that?

Yeah, I've neither the time or energy to play around "hacking". Not in my nature to do something at this level either. When I, or RB, is accused of this I take offense and make those back-at-cha comments to let you know how it feels.

RB got hacked a while back when someone got in and changed all the index pages to a black background with "Hacked by sniper" on it.

Did I blames THT or their members? Never.