Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

can't access THT

Verizon told me that is is a THT problem.They did tell me to reset my router to set it back to it`s original settings which I did.So for now I guess they are down.

Nope, new router solved my issues, although I did reset as you did.

As I said, something from here happened over there... <_<

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verizon told me that is is a THT problem.They did tell me to reset my router to set it back to it`s original settings which I did.So for now I guess they are down.

Nope, new router solved my issues, although I did reset as you did.

As I said, something from here happened over there... <_<

I'm sure it was due to the record usage at THT. There were so many users the system couldn't handle the volume. Its not like here. There probably is more hits at THTm in a hour than there is on reelboating in a year, But Wiley seemed to have wanted it that way. Seems like he still wants a slow and boring site.

With all due respect, Boat, if you don't like it here, leave. Nobody forces you to keep returning so whining and taking shots at Wiley is pretty fucking stupid...

CMP

What do ya say , SeaBob?

The prevailing issues all point to routers, either wireless or wired. Some were cured with resetting to factory settings, some were cured by a different IP, some were cured (like mine), with a new router.

Think about the logic here. We get our internet via cable, which sends the signal to our computers through an ethernet cable. Now, I could take the router out of the equation, plug the cable from the modem into each computer and access THT with no problem. Put the old router back in the equation? Problem returns. Buy a new router, ditch the old, no more problem.

Sooooo, my guess is that at the time of the RB ads being posted on THT, a piece of code was attached to the THT URL, which then infected the router and stayed there. Anytime after that, the THT URL was blocked, tricking Chrome, Safari, Firefox, whatever, from seeing the URL and accessing the site. So the THT IT guys find the rougue code and get rid of it. My new router doesn't have that piece of code in it, so it has no problems.

Sounds like quite the hacking scheme, doesn't it? No radical message anytime you tried to access THT, no computers crashing, no issues with any other site, and a simple benign message from your server saying the site can't be found. That's my theory, if anyone has a better one...and no aliens or Twilight Zone, please...

Agree with CMP.

And the reason THT gets those numbers is SOLELY from the 24/7/365 I put into it all those years that almost killed me.

And, if you don't approve of the direction THT went after I left you don't have to visit there either.

:rb-rules:

Agree with CMP.

And the reason THT gets those numbers is SOLELY from the 24/7/365 I put into it all those years that almost killed me.

And, if you don't approve of the direction THT went after I left you don't have to visit there either.

You agree with cmp on what? That I'm whining? Maybe the site can get a little more boring if people only answer posts in CMP agreeing replies. I'd hate to say something he doesn't agree with and have to listen to him melt down :rolleyes:

Bottom line is a good deal of the marine industry thinks THT has turned to sludge, but respect the tone with ReelBoating.

I'm about to implement great programs which bridge the gap between vendor and consumer including auctions, cost savings, power buys etc, and don't need the nonsense from other websites to infect this one.

Don't like it - don't visit! But, I guarantee once I implement these programs you'll be back.