Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

So what's the deal with RB?

Bob, I think a few members keep the fun suppressed and don't post anything boating related so the site stays quiet. See a lot of familiar names that participate a lot on the other but stay quiet here. Any joke is met with immediate whining and references to the bilge so without some newbies to post questions, not much to say.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I commented on another thread about the pace being slower here and got a semi-smart-azz comment (no, I am not thin-skinned or overly sensitive). I was merely stating my OPINION, an opinion is what one person thinks about something, not fact, truth or anything else. I have often wondered why there is not more "action" over here. This is not a complaint, just my observation. By action, I do not mean all of what goes on at other sites, there just seems to be fewer posts at a slower pace. I do the majority of my posting on a local site because I know a lot of folks there and because it is local info. I spend some time on that other site but seem to be doing less as the overall tone is not what I am generally looking for on a fishing/boating website. I am not looking to become a prolific poster, I generally post when I am looking for information, expertise or opinions on something. I post when I find something particularly useful or funny or when I have strong feelings. I am a recreational fisherman/boater with a small CC that has no knowledge of off-shore fishing and limited knowledge of big boats so I try to stay in areas where I actually have something to contribute. Otherwise, I read a lot but may not post. I think this is a great site and will try to contribute more in the future.

That's the downside of having wicked smart members. People start a post when they need to know something but most of us don't have many gaps left in our knowledge. For that reason there are fewer follow-up responses.

We need to attract more idiots.

:blink:

Guys,

Wiley has put a good bit of time, energy, and, I would imagine, money into this site, yet nobody posts, or at least, the majority don't post. Yet I see members here post "over there", so what's the deal? I mean, c'mon, we can talk about Lencos VS Bennetts, Mercs VS Yamahas, Gradys VS Whalers, Windline VS Armstrong, etc.

But this site needs to get going! What say you??? :471_confused_face: :471_confused_face: :471_confused_face:

I agree