Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

How do you like me now....

The trick with taking decent shots are as follows.....

1) Pic must be taken from a non moving platform like land.

2) You need to set the camera apature (sp) to its highest setting. This allows the shutter to stay open longer and capture all the light.

3) The camera has to be as still as concrete. Because the shtter exposure is open longer any movement will blur the shot. A tripod and setting the camera on auto shoot is best. But I have gotten good results resting the camera on a dock piling and pushing the button myself while being very still.

4)The boat itself and the people on it need to be still as well. Your position in the above shot was good because the water was calm and you were not in motion.

5) No flash!

The below was one of the first pics I took of the lights. I had 2 of the prototype white lights on it. You can see how clear the pic is except theperson on the boat. They are so blurry that it looks like they are doing jumping jacks. They were standing still....at least they were trying to. I took the shot with the camera resting on the back of a beach chair.

Hey Chris, I will try to find out if I can do the with my camera.. the one that we use more often is a coolpix something 8 or 10 MP.... I have an olympus much older, bulkier, 5MP that I keep mainly because I have the underwater housing. I'm sure that with that one I can adjust the aperture... I'll give it a try.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must of been drunk :1992_beer_cheer: or you took those pictures with a camera phone!! Lol J/K. Maybe it's time for a new camera?

David

It's time for a new camera, but not drunk..... :1992_beer_cheer::1992_beer_cheer:

I found out that as soon as you cancel the flash the camera stays open longer, making thing shakier....but if I leave the flash on, you can not apreciate the UWL

The one in my sig pic, was taken with a phone, believe it or not :504_shrugging:

It's time for a new camera, but not drunk..... :1992_beer_cheer::1992_beer_cheer:

I found out that as soon as you cancel the flash the camera stays open longer, making thing shakier....but if I leave the flash on, you can not apreciate the UWL

The one in my sig pic, was taken with a phone, believe it or not :504_shrugging:

Ok, so maybe not drunk, but you had the shakes from not drinking!!! LOL j/k :1992_beer_cheer:

Beautiful boat by the way...

David