Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

How do you like me now....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is one of the better pics some of you can't see on page one. I thinks its a very good shot and will go on my site. Its tough to get good pics of these lights in action and I am willing to bet this pic doesn't even do it justice.

Hey Chris could you post some of the other pictures, I PMed Wiley to edit my original post to remove the links and attach the pictures but he may be having some drinks looking at the inlet!!!

Next weekend I'll be on Key west so I will take lots of pictures of the lights for you....like you said the ones I took last weekend do not even do justice... the crappy camera and my lousy photographic abilities do not even reflect how good the light are.

I may even try to take one with my underwater housing!!! :605_thumbs_up::605_thumbs_up: if the water is not too cold :P

So, is the first post supposed to have pictures of lights? The only thing I see is a picture of a nice boat in the day time.

What it keeps bothering me is that all the pictures are on the same album over THT, but if I'm not logged over there they don't show....EXCEPT for one and is not always the same one.

The first time I noticed this the only picture I could see was the one with the chicks, but Ccraft can't see that, but instead he sees the picture with the UL during the day.... very weird.... bottom line, do not host your pictures at the other site.

Your wiring looks like it should. It makes me proud to know you even if it is only over the internet.

the "kerno touch" in my boat. I can proudly say that knew nothing about hydraulic steering before this rebuilt, until I got kerno. Now, the little I know, I know it right... Kerno AWESOME advise on that K6... the BEST cylinder design I've ever seen, you were right on everything... I have not forget about your suggestion on the Power assist, it is on my wish list :2261_high:

Seem that I can't post more pictures on this thread.. I reached my 500K limit...

I'll go with the link way

user71419_pic37191_1229378880.jpg

user71419_pic37189_1229378820.jpg

user71419_pic37190_1229378880.jpg

The trick with taking decent shots are as follows.....

1) Pic must be taken from a non moving platform like land.

2) You need to set the camera apature (sp) to its highest setting. This allows the shutter to stay open longer and capture all the light.

3) The camera has to be as still as concrete. Because the shtter exposure is open longer any movement will blur the shot. A tripod and setting the camera on auto shoot is best. But I have gotten good results resting the camera on a dock piling and pushing the button myself while being very still.

4)The boat itself and the people on it need to be still as well. Your position in the above shot was good because the water was calm and you were not in motion.

5) No flash!

The below was one of the first pics I took of the lights. I had 2 of the prototype white lights on it. You can see how clear the pic is except theperson on the boat. They are so blurry that it looks like they are doing jumping jacks. They were standing still....at least they were trying to. I took the shot with the camera resting on the back of a beach chair.

post-451-1239161976_thumb.jpg

The trick with taking decent shots are as follows.....

The below was one of the first pics I took of the lights. I had 2 of the prototype white lights on it. You can see how clear the pic is except theperson on the boat. They are so blurry that it looks like they are doing jumping jacks. They were standing still....at least they were trying to. I took the shot with the camera resting on the back of a beach chair.

Shoot man, I could take better pix from behind my house!

:wacko:

Shoot man, I could take better pix from behind my house!

:wacko:

I have no doubt about that. I was half drunk and using a $150.00 Casio Exslim snapshot type camera.....and I have no skills in photography. I was just sharing what I learned.

I would consider you a professional at photography with the equipment to match. But not all of us have $5K cameras and your skillz. :2261_high: