Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Mounting Outriggers on Sea Hunt 26 ft

Talked to SH and they said they would use TACO outriggers, which would be fine. I'm a little confused though on where they mount as it looks like two possible areas. The first is next to the Electronics box where an double aluminum plate with about a 3in diameter hole allows me to see the canvas. However I'm unsure if there is enough space between the box and the Outrigger handle (Model 270 swings out poles) when mounted.

The second is another aluminum plate (no holes) further forward of the electronics box that is rectangular and is welded on two sides to intersecting T Top tubes. Considering Taco 270 or 370's if priced correctly.

Boat is a 2006 with a fabric top.

The plate with the Hole Predrilled into it is for the outriggers. It probably also has the mounting holes predrilled into it. On my Hydra Sports I had to shorten the handles on the mounts to make them fit when I rotated them outward.

The triangle plate is a frame gusset and is not for mounting the riggers. It probably isn't as thick as the mounting plate is would not take the stress of those 18' long riggers bouncing around.