Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat rebuild-Power distribution panel

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingair

I really suck at wiring but need to do something like this to clean up under my dash. I know how to acquire the parts and can build it. What i am asking is if you might be willing to share some kind of diagram as to how many batteries and the way they are wired to the distro panel.

Thanks in advance. Seeing your awesome work really inspires me to get mine done now.

Kingair

I really suck at wiring but need to do something like this to clean up under my dash. I know how to acquire the parts and can build it. What i am asking is if you might be willing to share some kind of diagram as to how many batteries and the way they are wired to the distro panel.

Thanks in advance. Seeing your awesome work really inspires me to get mine done now.

I sure can. Give me about 30 minutes.

It did not take me that long. Here is a picture as if the cover was see thru. The exact wiring to the BEP cluster will depend on which model you have, but the basics are the same.

PANEL_DIAGRAM.JPG

I am going to add a protected circuit module (oulined line) when it gets delivered. this will provide power to essential circuits.

419YKN-D9-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Here is a picture of the module and cluster I am using.

716-SQ-100AVSR_Lg.jpg

BTW, all parts besides the box, were purchased from Jim at BOE, and the inspriation came from Yellowfin.

I really like those BEP switches & relays. I just installed their dual outboard/3-bank cluster in the "new" boat. I was impress at how well everything was set up and how easy it was to install. My only complaint is the overwhelming number of screws it takes to mount the cluster ---- 2 screws each for the relays, 4 screws each for the switches. That's 20 friggin' screws! I sure hope I don't need to take it off anytime soon. :(

I also put in one of BEP's Contour Gen 2, 6-switch panels on the dash. It looks to be good stuff, too.

I really like those BEP switches & relays. I just installed their dual outboard/3-bank cluster in the "new" boat. I was impress at how well everything was set up and how easy it was to install. My only complaint is the overwhelming number of screws it takes to mount the cluster ---- 2 screws each for the relays, 4 screws each for the switches. That's 20 friggin' screws! I sure hope I don't need to take it off anytime soon. :(

I also put in one of BEP's Contour Gen 2, 6-switch panels on the dash. It looks to be good stuff, too.

Yea that is alot of stainless :o

Where are you monting the box?

Great project :2403_worshipper:

The console (cc) is being redone to move all wiring into one distro panel (switches). The panel that was in the bottom is being exppanded and a shelf is being fabricated for the batteries. The panel and DSM etc, will be mounted onto a okoume, encased in fiberglass against one of the walls. I am still working out the details, but there is a new footwell that the switches will be mounted to as well.

Inside of console

Rebuildm10.jpg

New footwell with switches mockup

foot-well-new.jpg