Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

ReelBoating Question ...

wiley

Everyone on the internet (including me) seems to be able to get all the information they ever wanted for free.

Ain't that the truth. There is a You Tube video out on anything you want to know. I wouldn't pay anything for it myself, not unless it was really special.

I think a "fee site" would be more attractive to a professional audience.

Even a quality professional site like Professional Boat Builder is free, and they have a lot of content. I'd have to see a lot of good content before I'd consider paying a fee.

Although I have found that most fee based sites don't offer any better prices than I can find for free on other sites.

Exactly! Hey Pastor Bob, are you the same Pastor Bob that I know B)

Hey Cracker, I'm probably not the pastor Bob you know. I pastor a church in Anchorage, Alaska. But then again maybe you have spent time up here.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cracker, I'm probably not the pastor Bob you know. I pastor a church in Anchorage, Alaska.

Nope, sorry. I've got a friend from Georgia who's now a pastor in Arizona. He goes by PastorBob on several boating forums. Good talking to you though :605_thumbs_up:

Maybe add bikinis? ;)

I think I've scrubbed the pay idea. Just expect a lot more ads :D

Yes to the bikinis :1992_beer_cheer: I actually enjoy ads if they are boating related, not a problem to me.

Edited by Cracker Larry

Question: ReelBoating is working with marine product manufacturers and pro-fishermen on a website filled with fishing seminars, detailed product videos and group discounts. As a website visitor would you be willing to pay a small monthly fee for this access or do you still feel the internet is free?

Thanks for your reply.

I would not pay a fee to watch infomercials. That's what this sounds like

You also have to take into consideration TV fishing shows.....you got 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday just on ESPN...then local shows as well.......with all that for free, how much time will the admiral give a guy to watch even more in addition to TV? It better be really good to pay for it.

Maybe add bikinis? ;)

Maybe it's me, but ads don't bother me. I'm kinda bummed that since I paid my "Admiral's Club" dues, I don't get to see her anymore...

Screenshot2010-07-30at110229PM.png

The Miami Show will determine the direction I go with ReelBoating.

ReelBoating gets great visitor traffic and I do a lot for the boating industry, even with little in return.

I have 2 other non-boating websites also doing very well - both with a great fan and advertiser base which could use more of my attention.

Or, maybe I'll just send my resume' to Florida Sportsman?? :1121_wink:

You also have to take into consideration TV fishing shows.....you got 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday just on ESPN...then local shows as well.......with all that for free, how much time will the admiral give a guy to watch even more in addition to TV? It better be really good to pay for it.

Maybe add bikinis? ;)

Maybe it's me, but ads don't bother me. I'm kinda bummed that since I paid my "Admiral's Club" dues, I don't get to see her anymore...

Screenshot2010-07-30at110229PM.png

Did the company who bought Internet Brands remove the Sand Bar?

Not sure why people pay to be part of THT anymore. At least I offered high quality merchandise with the membership. Power buys, discounts etc.

How do you spell que sara sara?

:rb-rules:

Did the company who bought Internet Brands remove the Sand Bar?

Not sure why people pay to be part of THT anymore. At least I offered high quality merchandise with the membership. Power buys, discounts etc.

How do you spell que sara sara?

:rb-rules:

Still there. They still have to pay to get into the Sand Bar and I think, now the bilge.

Edited by Kamper