Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Any body else having problems with their Suzuki smart gauges?

My NMEA 2000 gauges don't recognize my 2008 df140s most of the time. If I turn a motor on and off a half dozen times usually one will come on line. recently the port motor seems to have lost the amount of fuel burned and 3 hours on the meter when it came back on. The paddle wheel stop working and I disconnect it and moved the terminating resistor, this seemed to help a little.

thanks for any input.

My NMEA 2000 gauges don't recognize my 2008 df140s most of the time. If I turn a motor on and off a half dozen times usually one will come on line. recently the port motor seems to have lost the amount of fuel burned and 3 hours on the meter when it came back on. The paddle wheel stop working and I disconnect it and moved the terminating resistor, this seemed to help a little.

thanks for any input.

Un-configure your engine interfaces (reset values on the display), then re-configure. And make sure you have GOOD VOLTAGE on your batts at all times...

thanks for any input.

Un-configure your engine interfaces (reset values on the display), then re-configure. And make sure you have GOOD VOLTAGE on your batts at all times...

I have alot of the same problems with mine. I am about ready to go back to analog gauges, alot simpler.

thanks for any input.

Thanks for the info Osprey,

I have the nmea powered by the house battery. The house battery is charged by a voltage sensing relay. Should I have it powered by one of the starting batteries? I have three 4 inch and two 2 inch gauges. I was going to disconnect the 2 inch gauges and install the new terminating resistors this weekend. When I reset the values will I have to start with naming the engines like the original install?

thanks, Joe