Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

lawn mowers/ how do you start them these days?

I went to the town transfere facility.... and saw a lawn mower sitting there. Well ya know that bramble patch I would love to hack down.... What a great idea. I'll grab this dump mower and hack down the patch and return it before wifie sees what I borrowed for a few hours...Cept.. there are more gizmoes on the thing than you can shake a stick at... Lets see. A start/lock key, a primer button/? attachment with a cable . A engage lever and a run bar.., There might be more but I had to come sit down... I noticed my 40' ladder isn't sitting next to the garage.. Not that I probably shouldn't be on a 40fter any more or try to handle it by myself but....

Does it have spark, will it crank,have you tried starting fluid what kind of motor is on it .Is it a ridding mower :504_shrugging: and if so did you sit on the seat there is a safety switch, push the brake peddle all the way down is it in neutral and did you sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. And it is obvious that you are not qualified to operate this piece of machinery :1143_neener_neener_neener:

Edited by TimW Texas

Does it have spark, will it crank,have you tried starting fluid what kind of motor is on it .Is it a ridding mower :504_shrugging: and if so did you sit on the seat there is a safety switch, push the brake peddle all the way down is it in neutral and did you sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. And it is obvious that you are not qualified to operate this piece of machinery :1143_neener_neener_neener:

I brought it over to my buddies house. We/he got it started. What looked like a primer with the cable was a easy start feature. Some sort of spring loaded system that you depress that button and bring a pull bar to run up where you hold the mower while cutting the woods. I opperated it fine . Last time I used a lawn mower was..... and it didn't have

any of that stuff. I guess you need to be a kid to run a lawn mower these days... Its was a good thing it is a self propelled too. I might even still be out there if it wasn't getting dark.

• 2 weeks later...