Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

THE NEW 39 NORTECH OPEN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend I had the opportunity to check out and drive the new open bow 39 CC version, vs the cuddy version that I saw at the plant. Man what a boat.. very impressive to say the least. What I really liked on this boat was the good use of room, and storage. The retractable bow anchor was very cool, as well as the large sunpad. The head compartment was under the dash section that housed a flushable toilet, sink, and a large enough bed for 2 underneath the sunpad section...Sandy really liked this area for overnighting at the islands. There was also a retractable cooler that slid back behind the helm seating area as well as a pull out retractable stern seat that 4 people could easily sit on. Now the business end....THE DASH and HARDTOP...Georgeous, sexy and well laid out. It housed 2 of the latest 6212 Garmins, one to the starboard had all the gauges, and the port was the touch screen gps. Smartcraft was also a nice touch. I grabbed the 3 Livorsy throttles and eased up slowly...almost no bow rise and we were on plane effertlessly and quick. Actually the boat planed at 10mph..I took a pic of this showing the gps, the motors running and where the water was in relationship to the side of the hull, cause I couldnt believe it..The water was a 6" chop, first time all year. I was wishing for 2 to 3's...but we hit 73mph with the Merc 300's.. I have had many boats over the years, but none have turned me on as much as this one did. It is the best of both worlds, with over 20 rod holders, and enough room that 10 people on board everyone had somewhere to sit. This will be my next boat vs go fast version. Look for this boat at Ft Laud and Miami..

post-3244-087081700 1287450416_thumb.jpg

post-3244-051301400 1287450457_thumb.jpg

post-3244-065639900 1287450511_thumb.jpg

post-3244-003852600 1287450588_thumb.jpg

post-3244-041915300 1287450633_thumb.jpg

Looks tippy.

not at all, drove beautifully. I actually liked it better than their 43 NorTech CC which is based off the 43 go-fast bottom with a 9' beam. This boat has a 10' beam, and tracked tight turns without any problem. Check these video's out.

Forgot the smiley face at the end of my post. I'm sure it runs great and it looks even better. Not sure that I would want to throw a bloody fish in it but I'm sure the Nortech folks would be happy to build one more "fishy" if that is what the customer wanted.

not at all, drove beautifully. I actually liked it better than their 43 NorTech CC which is based off the 43 go-fast bottom with a 9' beam. This boat has a 10' beam, and tracked tight turns without any problem. Check these video's out.

its all good. I have some pics someplace with blood all over the boat...and I think they made one with a cutting station and a few other things behind the helm seat.. one thing I forgot to mention was the non-skid..never seen this pattern before, easy clean up, and sure footed..

They had one at the Clearwater Offshore Race on a trailer for people to go on top and look at the boat, this thing is sweet all arround, the desing i liked the most is the console and controls set up, when you're behind the wheel, you step up on a platform that puts you with an awsome visibility angle, your crew won't block your vision when you're docking or going a little fast by markers were you have to keep your eyes open and looking arround, I couldn't imagine the handling and tight turning until saw the video.