Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

The closure of Hatteras Island

pmagrady

I have posted this on my Facebook Page and emailed it to some friends asking them to pass this on. Lets see if we can get this issue out in front of that little old lady in Kansas before she writes another check to the Audubon Soc.

Here's a copy of my email. Feel free to copy.

"Please watch this video and then pass it on to friends and publish it on your page for others to see. Our Florida beaches are still open to people, but our ocean here in Central Florida is being closed to fishermen. We have been fighting extremely well funded enviro groups that have changed their mission from protection of animals to the removal of people. They have moved from conservation to exclusion.

We used to give to formerly well intentioned groups like The Audubon Society and the World Wild Life Fund. That was before we discovered that restoration of "natural ecosystems" means the removal of people; before we learned that people are not considered part of the "natural ecosystem".

So, please

1. watch and learn:

2. pass it on:

3. stop giving to groups that take what is yours:

4. Vote in November

http://vimeo.com/14696293

Thanks, Pat"

Until you work in an industry or area that is highly regulated from an environmental standpoint, you have no idea how wrong headed these folks can be.

My definition of an enviromental extremist is:

"One who is willing to impose very large cost and hardship upon human beings in order to achieve a neglible or even arguably non-existent environmental benefit."

Many of the folks who inhabit national environmental organizations fit this pattern. The average person wants to be "green" and that is fine, but generally they have no idea what is involved.