Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

over heat warning?

kenshomi

I was winterizing my 2006 2 stroke Yammy 90 yesterday - and was so intent on 'fogging' while I was running the engine dry (of gas) I disregarded a buzzing alarm that came on for about 1-2 minutes until the engine finally sputtered out. The only other time I had heard that buzzer was once when my wife turned the engine over with the engine trimmed way up and out of the water. I assume it was the over heating - dumb ass - for some reason I was thinking it was because I had disconnected the fuel line. So I didn't turn the motor off, and recheck the earmuffs, and antifreeze line.

I think as long as it starts next spring no harm done, right?

thanks - she has a easy life (much to my discontent) freshwater lives on a trailer in a barn most of the year, didn't even break 20 hour this season. I replaced the water pump last season @ 120 hours - it was in like new condition. I'll keep an eye on the pisser - and the water temp next season to keep an eye on signs of the thermostat being fried.

I always carry a heavy rigging wire (120lb )with a loop on one end so I can run up the pee hole if it doesn't look like it's peeing good. I also check the waterseperator regularly and also keep grease on the steering arm (under the motor and it bolts to the motor) as every one of the 6 rusted to the point I had to make one on every one.

I would love to find a used pair to put back onto

my ROBALO as it's the 7th power on her and am doing a complete makeover on her as I type. If I cant find a pair of 90 Yamahas I will also look for a pair of 70 OMC's . If I can't find them it will be a single 200 OMC or Yamaha. Good luck .