Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

POC TEXAS

Fishing with the usual suspects Saturday, I got invited down with Curtis and his brother Doug headed out. Doug has satellite weather are goal was to hit the Breaks but weather held us in we trolled the first rig and nothing and Curtis spots a shrimp boat and we reel in but before we go I rig a 20 oz. lure up to head toward them and of we went the lure never broke the surface as Doug sped over that was cool. No hook up but testing some of my lures :605_thumbs_up: Got to the shrimper and running diver plugs and a spreader bar we went 2 boated out of 7 take downs both kings in 70' water :239_fishing:

Tim, you bum, I want to go . On them Kings remember to use a VERY light drag until there on and then still take it easy . Horsing a king in will pull the hook almost every time . I have actually had a couple Kings caught with the Hook in it's mouth they usually are hooked in the side of the head due to the way they ATTACK the jig.

When I am trolling I set the drag where I can use just my thumb a finger to pull more line out , maybe 2 or 3 lbs , since I started doing this I have not lost a king .