Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Honda gen EU100i, How/where to fix/protect

post-1454-1239032868_thumb.jpgBuddy of mine has a 2000 that he has used on 2 different boats for ove 6 years and it still runs great. Powered his 5000 btu window unit in his 24' Shamrock and runs his internal ac in his new 27 Wellcraft Coastal, not sure of its size.

He always has a custom mount fabricated to hang it on the stern and of course has a CO detector.

I had him get his fabricator to make a mount for my 25' Nimble trawler and it runs my AC as well.

I have the 2000 also and run it on my engine bracket between the outboards and transom. I have a 5000BTU AC and it will run it for 8-9 hours on 1 gallon. I have run it in the rain and the only thing to worry about is if water drips into the electric sockets. If that happens the breaker will trip...but the engine will stay running. You just need to dry the plug and reset it.

A buddy of mine has the same setup and came up with a neat idea. He had a custom canvas cover made for the gen. Its all open on the exhaust side and has some slits in the sides and doesn't go all the wat to the floor. Then on the side where the plugs are he put clear plastic to protect it from rain. It works perfect. I was thinking of having one made for mine. It looks better too because you can color match it to your boat and not look at that bright red thing.