Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Dual Battery Switch

If your a handy type captain you can use a piece of tupperware over the switch . Run and attach all the wires running then strait down then out to where you have them attached to the box's wall. BUT before you do anything find a piece of tupperware that tightly slips over the switch. Once that is done drill a hole on the side that faces down that will allow you to run the wires up into the switch. So you run all the wires through the cut hole and attach then to the proper stud.

Once all are done run the tupperware up the wires and onto the switch and ty-wrap the wires as closely as possible. Once done use some silicone around the edge of the tupperware to hold it in place and make it waterproof if you countersunk the front of the switch through the bulkhead.

I did this on a boat years ago and worked like a champ. A little MacGyver yes but if you use a clear tupperware your friends will ask where you bought it at LOL

If the switch is inside the box and the back is against the bulkhead you would do it the same way only drilling the switch mounting holes onto the bottom of the tupperware and a bead of silicone would need to be applied a 1/4 inch around the switch so when you slip the switch into the tupperware it will form a watertight seal around the edge or if longer you could extend the tupperware past the switch covering the exposed toggle .

Below is a pic of my bare console and in the middle bottom you can see where I recessed the switch from behind so only the toggle section was exposed and never (20+years) had a water issue and it is stored on a lift. I am covering the back as explained when I finish the rebuild.

Just my 2 cents.

post-2275-127964509909_thumb.jpg