Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Hey Bob...........

Right now it only has the 2 in the E-box. Looks like there are already holes in the front with covers on them. Any idea if the wires are already there? I won't be back to the boat till Saturday and want to make sure I take everything I need.

Right now it only has the 2 in the E-box. Looks like there are already holes in the front with covers on them. Any idea if the wires are already there? I won't be back to the boat till Saturday and want to make sure I take everything I need.

TooReel,

Hope your enjoying the new girl! Pull the pies off and feel around, hopefully the forward speaker wires are there, part of the nav lgt/horn harness. We don't do a 2-speaker install, so it would seem someone removed them at some time...

Those pies just under the cup holders...

ext03popup.jpg

Mine just has the pies like you pictured. I'll dig around this weekend and hope to find the wires. Of course a sub and amp(s) will probably come next (when the admiral is not looking). She does not trust me to mount the ladder clips on the back much less cut a big hole in the console.

We are having a ball with her. It was so flat and calm this weekend that I wish she had 225's on the back. The 150's push her good but..................

Thanks for the help.

TooReel,

Hope your enjoying the new girl! Pull the pies off and feel around, hopefully the forward speaker wires are there, part of the nav lgt/horn harness. We don't do a 2-speaker install, so it would seem someone removed them at some time...

Those pies just under the cup holders...

ext03popup.jpg

I'll stick to Opti's. The sound of a 2 stroke coming to life "makes it move a little", if you know what I mean..........

With 225 Verados, she's an honest 60MPH boat, and feels good. Frankly, I think she could probably take 250s and see 65 with no "scariness"... :1925_:

I'll stick to Opti's. The sound of a 2 stroke coming to life "makes it move a little", if you know what I mean..........

With 225 Verados, she's an honest 60MPH boat, and feels good. Frankly, I think she could probably take 250s and see 65 with no "scariness"... :1925_:

They make 250 Optis, you know... :605_thumbs_up:

• 2 weeks later...

Now for another question.

Why are my engines mounted all the way down?

Last weekend the gulf was so smooth you could water ski out 50 miles. First time I have had the chance to open the boat up and let her run. Ran her up to 4000 rpm's and started trimming out. Watched the speed and fuel flow and it did not change. Looked out back and the cav plates were buried. Looks like I could move the engines up two holes with no problems.

Boat jumps on plane, sips fuel and I have no performance complaints but if it would run better...............

TR,

Damn good question! Sometimes I wondered about our "test team"...

:471_confused_face:

I'd raise them 2 holes, like you said, and see what she does. I'm kind of surprised, though, as I can't think of any model or engine combination where we mount in the top hole (all the way down). Could have been a dealer rig... :504_shrugging:

Thanks,

I noticed that on Evinrudes test report for the 26SS with 150 Etecs that they were mounted in hole number two. Not sure how close the Opti and Etec are size wise but I get better speed and fuel numbers. I'm getting a occasional TPI error at idle so while it is in the shop I'll have them moved up. Can't hurt to try.

TR,

Damn good question! Sometimes I wondered about our "test team"...

:471_confused_face:

I'd raise them 2 holes, like you said, and see what she does. I'm kind of surprised, though, as I can't think of any model or engine combination where we mount in the top hole (all the way down). Could have been a dealer rig... :504_shrugging: