Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Who has not come over from the Dark Side?

Gotta agree on the Mod4 comments. I had a pretty funny PM exchange with him recently. whoever he is, he has been around awhile. Used my real name in the PM so he at least has been paying attention.

I started with the high performance board like Offshoreonly (also recently purchased by IB). That place was much like what THT has become. I ended up over at Speedwake and its amazing how even though most of the members are at both sites, Speedwake rarely has the drama and issues. I hope that is how this ends up. I actually hope THT survives as it will be a place for all that garbage.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Mod 4 is a good person, i was just curious as to who he or she was. They are the only Mod that i have actually seen do anything right at the other place.

David

have to agree also with the comments about MOD4. i grew up in an era where a certain word was not considered derogatory and used the term in a one liner with a smiley face in a response to the thread about AMMO sales. the term was deleted and i got a polite and professional PM to which i responded and subsequently had a great dialogue with him. would be a good MOD for this site. :605_thumbs_up:

I never really had any problems with any mods over there--guess I'm just middle-of-the-road-non-controversial. But some of the members are another story. The atmosphere is often unnecessarily adversarial and confrontational. Some guys are just sitting there waiting to lay into somebody else. Takes the fun out of it.

In spite of that, I still found it very informative and helpful. Hope this site gets to that same level but leaves all the kid stuff behind. :605_thumbs_up:

I never really had any problems with any mods over there--guess I'm just middle-of-the-road-non-controversial. But some of the members are another story. The atmosphere is often unnecessarily adversarial and confrontational. Some guys are just sitting there waiting to lay into somebody else. Takes the fun out of it.

In spite of that, I still found it very informative and helpful. Hope this site gets to that same level but leaves all the kid stuff behind. :605_thumbs_up:

I agree with your post . I never had a problem with any of the mods over there but you are correct on some of the trolls , I mean posters over there. there is a group of them that just lie in waiting to disrupt and destroy certain threads,especially if it effects them economically.

I found this site I believe through a comment made by Menzie in the "Sailors" post. I am glad I found it. I definetly noticed THT changing over the past year or so since Wiley sold it. I continue to go there and post as it is an active forum, but I will now frequent this site more.

I tend to ask more questions than answer but I am still learning all this stuff. Not to mention, I only own a kayak.