Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Rocksalt 34 is going on a cruz

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this a Florida East Coast only trip or are you making the trek up north?

Current plan is to go as far as Jacksonville, FL to see how the idea of bringing a boat to various Law Enforcement, Port Security, Pilots, Fire Departments, etc goes and then take a small break (Daughter's Birthday) and maybe recommence. The boat definitely needs to go to Myrtle Beach area and be hauled for new bottom paint and some small maintenance items.

The first three days have been fantastic - great reception from everyone we've met and we've garnered some pretty serious interest from some Law Enforcement agencies.

I would thnk that well continue up the coast a bit later in the spring...

Not to mention I'm only a few miles from the Jupiter Inlet as well.

Wiley - we're in Jupiter tonight! I'm coming over to your house for scrambled eggs and tequila for breakfast...

Seriously - if you are around tomorrow we'll be in the area talking with the Palm Beach County Sherrif's office and some others. I'd enjoy meeting you in person if you have either the time or inclination.

Also - what in the world is with the current in this harbor????

Did the worst docking job I've ever done in my life on a down-current dock - arrgh! Stuff must be running at 10 knots.

This town has the most beautiful lighthouse I've ever seen and I come from Maine which is scenic central.....

When is the intermission? I am leaving Savannah Monday headed for Fernandina, I will be there through thursday... Would be cool to see the boat.

PD

We have a customer we're going to visit with hopefully in Amelia Island - we might be there by Wednesday but have no hard and fast schedule. I'll keep posting here as we get closer....

• 2 weeks later...