Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

New Ballyhoo Rig

Nice rig Red that is a great mooching rig as we call them on the left coast :605_thumbs_up::239_fishing::1992_beer_cheer:

Well .. I guess I'm making mooching rigs, I've always called'em stinger rigs.

I have some titanium wire left over from my king tourney days .. making a few from it.

C.JPG

Nice. I'm heading south to Baja for the first time this summer. Would you mind a few basic questions? What type of connection is under the shrink wrap? Is that a haywire twist with shrink wrap or some very small crimps? I use crimps for our halibut gear up here but nothing ever done with wire, with the exception of an ill fated attempt to catch pike on a fly. That was the only time I've done a haywire.

If we are lucky we might stumble into a woo, so I'm interested in different ways to rig wire.

Nice. I'm heading south to Baja for the first time this summer. Would you mind a few basic questions? What type of connection is under the shrink wrap? Is that a haywire twist with shrink wrap or some very small crimps? I use crimps for our halibut gear up here but nothing ever done with wire, with the exception of an ill fated attempt to catch pike on a fly. That was the only time I've done a haywire.

If we are lucky we might stumble into a woo, so I'm interested in different ways to rig wire.

That one's two very small crimps, I don't use shrink wrap when I haywire twist.

When using small 49 strand wire I like to double twist in the bite area for more strength.

c00m.jpg