Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

can i get some help please and suggestions

heres my problem people...need your suggestions to resolve this....i sell boat trailers on craigs list and post adds all over the place in all 50 states....well i just happen to post in va beach..this guy in va beach sends me nasty emails and cusses at me..he flags my adds and he even calls me and tells me hes coming to richmond va to kick my butt..well heres the problem..i have never met the guy..he doesnt own a boat,or a boat co or know anyone that does..he drives a truck that delivers containers to work sites..i asked in a email why are you on me..he said i pick someone at random to mess with and your the lucky one...he wont go away.....i said why are you messing with me ,,,im trying to sell people a nice trailer for a lot less than what is offered and save them money and his reply is because i can..i called the police and they said he hasnt broken any laws.....can i please get some help from the forum here...please..he wont go away....and i dont think the correct thing to do would be to put his email address all over the internet.....thank you forum in advance..i really need help with this issue

post his e-mail so some friends or 2 or hundred can e-mail him.all is fair in love and war.

:605_thumbs_up:

If he's messing with you, then he opens himself up to the same treatment. Post his email address on every forum you can think of, along with your story.

BTW...craigslist won't do diddly for you....they couldn't care less what goes on there.

Also, if he actually threatens you with bodily harm over the internet, there is something you

can do:

http://wiredsafety.org/cyberstalking_haras...s/virginia.html

Document it and take it to the local PD and swear a warrant out for his arrest. That should shut him up.

invite him to go offshore fishing....

seriously....that has to be a pain....this person is going to wind up seriously hurt or dead eventually. you can only pick so many fights before someone fights back harder.

Jesus(or should I say Jersus), this guy sounds like a real nutjob, be carefull whatever you do. We don't want to be reading about you in newspaper. I hate it when the cops tell you there's nothing they can do.This tool has to kill somebody,then they will do something. unfortunately a little too late.

Tell him you contacted the police already, also tell him that you don't have time for games. Then when or if the guy steps foot on your property pull your gun out and blow his friggin head off.

Your tracks are covered. you have emails containing all the threats and you called the police which they have record of. Other than that you are just protecting yourself and family from a guy that said he was going to do harm to you.

Personally.....he is just an internet troll. But instead of trolling the boating sites telling everone what engine is no good he is trolling ads telling people he is going to kick their but. Just like the ones we are used to he is just a punk kid with nothing better to do.

Boat Trailers,

#1 The suspect has committed a crime by threatening, and harrassing you. I don't know why the Police would say there is nothing they can do. Bull ######, at the least a Police report should be filed.

Do this:

1). Call your telephone carrier and ask for the annoyance phone bureau. When you speak with them tell them you are being harrassed and threatened. They will put a trace on your telephone line recording all incoming telephone numbers. Some States require the Police to make this request.

2). Then go to your Police Department and file a police report for harrassment. You will need to file this report so a Detective can subpoena the report from the telephone company. The Telephone company will not release the info to the victim. (normally) After you receive another harrassing phone call you should be able to contact the Detective to make notification to the phone company to get the results. The police should investigate the telephone number to identify the caller or atleast the location the call is made from. Good luck

Your 1st mistake was coming here and telling everyone whats up on a public forum.

Your 2nd was calling the Po Po.

You should of had someone arrange a buy to meet this clown and , well , take care of business.

There are a 1000 things you could do to make this clowns life miserable and he would never know if it was you or one of the many people he has threatened.