Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Contender

I don't think one boat is going to ruin Contender.

Because of this ONE boat I will NEVER buy or send someone to buy/look at a Contender.

Remember, a satisfied customer will tell 3 people BUT a dissatisfied customer will tell 300 [ Dale Carnegie]

Agreed...I would have probably never got an overrated Contender in the first place, but even if they came out with the baddest, fastest, next newest center console, you probably couldn't give that crap to me at cost. When it comes to building boats with complete attention to detail in every aspect, there are few manufacturers that actually do it...Yellowfin and Sea Vee are a few that come to mind.

I haven't read the thread on other forums nor do I care to.

What I do know however is the Contender company should have stayed out of it.

Regardless of a web forum has 100 or 100,000 members it only has so much affect on buyers of that product.

If a flaw is exposed in a con or scam that is a different story.

A proper response would have been "if anyone has questions or comments regarding said issue then plase call us at ....."

I haven't read the thread on other forums nor do I care to.

What I do know however is the Contender company should have stayed out of it.

Regardless of a web forum has 100 or 100,000 members it only has so much affect on buyers of that product.

If a flaw is exposed in a con or scam that is a different story.

A proper response would have been "if anyone has questions or comments regarding said issue then plase call us at ....."

Right diplomacy

I will confess to have dreamed of some day owning a Contender. After reading Mr. Neber's statement I no longer have that dream. Ever heard the saying the customer is always right? If you don't want your customers jumping waves with your boats quit advertising in

EVERY magazine with pictures of your boats in the air!!!!! Joe Neber must have to turn sidways to fit through a door with that head!!!!!!

Gary

How many forums does this debacle have to pollute? THT, Bloodydecks, iBoats, Florida Sportsman, the list goes on. And the point? Isn't one discussion enough?

Time to go fishing, swap out motors, upgrade upholstery, get a new kicker, change over to hydraulic steering...ANYTHING BUT ANOTHER CONTENDER THREAD!!!! :1898_:

Just goes to prove "All would be censors are AH's!" You don't like it, don't read it!