Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Contender

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb6367/is_11_79/ai_n29225489/

Interesting read. Contender is appealing the ruling based on Privy.If he wins then he will void all Contender warranties and in fact set case law for every boat owner in FL to have their warranty voided if they didn't buy direct from the Manufacture.

Man, don't try to read this article after a long day at work, unless you have a helmet with face guard on it. :2215_asleep:

I know he wants to win and did not expect the public to read it.

In this day and age, expect the unexpected...

What I say today, in any type of forum or location that the public has access to, including civil courts of law, is accessable for viewing and scrutiny. Maybe someday some people will think before they talk... :1121_wink:

Wiley , I vote for you to either LOCK this Topic or Delete it before it hits page three and heads for the crapper.

Lester, it was already there before it ever got off the ground... DELETE is seconded!

Alright, on to Luhrs... :1992_beer_cheer: :1992_beer_cheer:

Ya it is a sad deal for all. And is taking on more water then the bilge pumps can keep up with.

I agree, this one will go nowhere which is where it is going on the other site. It's time we let it run its course through the system and get on to the fact it's March and time to start thinking of launching boats and going fishing.

Edited by Erie Skipper

Wiley , I vote for you to either LOCK this Topic or Delete it before it hits page three and heads for the crapper.

Lester, it was already there before it ever got off the ground... DELETE is seconded!

Alright, on to Luhrs... :1992_beer_cheer: :1992_beer_cheer:

There ya go. Censor the forum on topics allowed.This thread is within topic of the forum description.Don't post on one of my topics unless you can contribute to the topic. Ask to delete your own threads not mine.If it gets stupid I am sure Wiley will moderate it.I posted it here in hopes that it may get discussed without trolls to get it off topic.

Edited by Renagade69

Never did like the skunked part of the forum. If you want action on the web you have to have controversy.

OK then now onto the point of the thread. I am in the retail auto business. I sell domestic and I love my job and have for almost 40 years. I usually default to the builders or the dealers in most debates. This Contender thread is no different. There are two sides to every story and we are getting one side. In my experience in customer relations the squeaky wheel does get the grease until the squeaky wheel starts yelling or cursing then they get nothing. If you have not walked in my shoes you will never understand and I do acknowledge this. I am a very understanding customer because of what I do for a living. I would bet you dollars to doughnuts that this customer made the owner of Contender very very mad. How, only Neber and Bloodsteam know. Just remember when you go in to someplace and go balls to the walls you may get your balls handed back to you.

As far as the Privity issue I believe since Brett is the voice of that issue and he is going to be doing the appeal pro bono I am not trusting what he says. Just saying he has an ax to grind now and he is grinding away with privity. In anybodies right mind do you think Contender is going to default on the warranty of all their boats? If they do they were already going out of business. The privity issue is nothing more than a skunk being thrown out there to stink up the case. Or a ploy by Contender to ease its way into bankruptcy.