Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Wheel Counts

I have noticed that many from Wiley's old forum have started using the Captain's Club Wheels as their avatars.

I ain't gonna bust on y'all.....not too bad, anyway.....but why do you want to do this? While I completely understand yearning for the heydays of the old place, I don't think this forum needs to be associated with it. It will stand on it's own. God knows I have enough wheels....mainly because I felt part of a greater whole when Wiley ran the place, and I wanted to contribute in ways other than sharing my paltry boating knowledge and experiences.

From what I have seen here, this forum will eclipse THT and bring the best part of what most of us here have come to miss back to life.

That said, y'all do what you want to. Speaking for myself, I plan on leaving the wheels where they belong...in the past.

I've been thinking the same thing.

I never bought a wheel on THaT other site, mainly because by the time I joined (just last summer), IB had already taken over, and I didn't see any reason to give a huge corporation like them my hard-earned $$$, and getting little or nothing in return.

That said, yes - - it's a matter of personal choice. But, personally I'd like to see this site develop on its own merits.

End of my very mild rant. Carry on.

you shoud look at it another way,we bought most of ours when Wiley needed the help just to make ends meat and keep the site running.with any site ran by Wiley if he needed a few $$ to keep it going I would still pony up.

I agree with this, but the wheels were part of the old....I am just saying it's time to bring in the new. I've been on the old forum since 2001, and all my wheels came before IB's time. I didn't contribute financially after the buy-out because a for-profit corp does not need my money. When Wiley starts asking for contibutions here, I'll be amongst the first to pony up....mainly because I know he's not doing it for financial gain. Also, because I need some more t-shirts, koozies, and Woody Wax samples..... :)

It comes down to a choice. If you want to keep the wheels, then feel free to do so. I just wanted to voice my opinion. I didn't mean to sound like I was bitchin' about seeing the wheels showing up...but when I did it got me to thinking.

Plenty of Merc shirts, Etec shirts, Honda shirts, Suzuki shirts, not to mention ball caps out the ying-yang.

But should Wiley need some financial assistance, well, I'll be glad to give, but this is my wheel

698378083_2e539cf0eb.jpg

Hmm, can I fit five of them in the avatar space? :605_thumbs_up::504_shrugging:

I agree with this, but the wheels were part of the old....I am just saying it's time to bring in the new. I've been on the old forum since 2001, and all my wheels came before IB's time. I didn't contribute financially after the buy-out because a for-profit corp does not need my money. When Wiley starts asking for contibutions here, I'll be amongst the first to pony up....mainly because I know he's not doing it for financial gain. Also, because I need some more t-shirts, koozies, and Woody Wax samples..... :)

It comes down to a choice. If you want to keep the wheels, then feel free to do so. I just wanted to voice my opinion. I didn't mean to sound like I was bitchin' about seeing the wheels showing up...but when I did it got me to thinking.

Then I will leave mine there :1992_beer_cheer: