Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

ID theft

Anyone suffered the theft of a child's ID?

I got, or more correctly, my son got a letter in the mail today denying him a Discover card but thanking him for the application. Since he's 13 and not really applying for credit cards just yet, I took it to mean that someone was trying to steal his identity.

Transunion was contacted by Discover to check his credit history. Thank goodness it came back blank and the card was denied. I placed an inquiry with them to find out about the event and what more I can do about it to protect him in the future.

Any ideas about what I can expect?

Wow. No not yet.Glad to hear that nothing happened

Hopefully this all dies with the Discover card app. I just wonder how many other apps went out that may have gotten approved.

Better check all three, experian and equifax too. I have a watch thing with Experian ( they track all three companys ) and they notify me about ANYTHING on my credit. I just ordered four of those auto vests on sale and I know I will get a e-mail on it from them. Sort of pia but another thing that you have to worry about these days.

Butch