Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

What type / kind of video camera ?

4/0

Hi All,

I guess I can put this here since it will be used on the boat too. What I am wanting to get is a video camera? that would use a disc to record on. I do not have a clue about any of this as far these things go.

I am a GC so it would be used in the field and it would be used on the boat, so it might get a little wet, not drenched and bounced around somewhat and to top it off I would like to keep it around 500.00 bucks. So it this doable or am I dreaming ?

Thanks,

Butch

Panasonic. Great quality for a good price. I would suggest getting a hard drive camera with flash memory. The flash memory allows you to record video to a sd card and transfer it to a computer easily, or have multiple sd cards for specific projects, etc... You can always burn your video to a disk from your computer. Ive owned three brands of video cameras in the $500 and under price range, sony, panasonic, and samsung. My best experience is with the panasonic. Sony is good but is a pain because almost everything you use with it has to be sony. Samsung was the worst camera i've ever had, it was a constant problem and refused to work properly or record quality video. My panasonics take a beating, continue to record quality video, and are compatible with everything.

I have a panasonic Lumix TS1

Its a camera that also takes video. Easy enough to stick on the computer.

Waterproof to 10 ft, shock proof as well.

Takes great high definition video. and 12 megapixel pics.

It has zoom during high definition video which most similiar cameras do not.

Fits easily in your pocket, and cost $260 on Amazon.

I've dunked it in saltwater many times, and its bounced around in the floor of my boat as well.

Thanks,

I have an older Kodak zx 750 and I can do videos with it but they are very short 3 min max, it has been pretty tough and has gone from the electronics box to the deck and into the splashwell a couple times and still works.

I am at the point now where I need more video capability since I want to be able to have walk through videos for customers that are out of town to able view on the site through their owners access. The extra plus would be is that I could have it on the boat too.

I will look at the Panansonics if they have them at office depot. Waterproof is a good option but I will have to see how long the record time is.

Butch

Ken2, I will get with you the end of this month, I want to get 3-blade ss for the boat, we have that 4-blade on it now.