Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat Wax ?

If you are just talking wax it seems alot of people like collonite but remember that polishes are different animals altogether. I've been using a polish on my boat since new and have been happier than any of the waxes that I used on my last two boats. I'm currently using a Starbrite Polish with PTEF or something like that and it's easy to apply and seems to last a decent amount of time. I found this last bottle on clearance at Walmart and got an outstanding price on it.

There are a number of Polymer based products out there that are excellant. I've done test panels VS. Race Glaze, Rejex, Restructure Marine and Gel Coat labs. I would reccommend any one of those. Leverage is one I have'nt done but will be shortly. I've heard good things about them along with Starbrite's PTEF.

Restructure marine has been the best so far but the price reflects it. Rejex and Gel Coat labs polish and sealant are both strong contenders that you won't go wrong with. For a light compound prep I've always like the 3M products but recently have switched to the Gel Coat Labs fine cut. I like that a little better.

Most important are your applicators. For compounding prep work, a good variable circular buffer will do the best job hands down. A quality twisted wool pad will give the best results when componding. For pure polishing a Porter Cable DA orbital 7424 is a must.

A good site to look at is: http://properboatcare.com/index.html. They explain thing pretty good. You could contact Don over at Leverage. http://www.leveragepolish.com/products.php. He does this for a living and willing to help the "DIY" guys.

good luck