Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Going the "Joe Boater" route?

wiley

As my father use to say, "If you do not have anything valuable to contribute, it's often better to say nothing and let them think you are a dummy then to speak and remove all doubt." Hence my first post... Well, I thought this might be a valuable contribution, one more vote for REELBOATING.

Edited by BottomFeeder

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As my father use to say, "If you do not have anything valuable to contribute, it's often better to say nothing and let them think you are a dummy then to speak and remove all doubt." Hence my first post... Well, I thought this might be a valuable contribution, one more vote for REELBOATING.Joe Boater is the worst name I have ever heard for a boating website, don't change.

I don't know if you have made your final decision and will not try to sway you either way. I can see both sides to this discussion. Reelboating sounds a little more professional and it is what everyone is used to but, Joeboater sounds homey and welcoming to someone with a 14 jonboat up to anything else. It may be boater envy on my part but it appears that most of the people on this site are larger/fancier/more expensive boat owners whereas I own an 18' CC and am an intermediate, recreational boater. I can see where running across a website called joeboater.com would seem welcoming to someone such as myself whereas it might not seem as welcoming to an advanced owner of a large expensive boat. Just my 2 cents.