Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Going the "Joe Boater" route?

wiley

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe I have posted yet but here is my 1/2 cent anyway.

I think like others have said and alluded too; Joe Boater is a "Trendy" name and I don't really care for it. Reminds me of this past embarrassing election year.....

If you want to get away from the fishy side of things how about a simple change like RealBoating.com!? Takes the fishy side out of it yet keeps it dignified :unsure:

Out

I think as a forum we should try to eliminate THaT competition, buy bringing more discussions here without all the bitch$ng and wining that goes on over there. I know THaT other site is more established (by our current owner) but RB can be the same way soon. It's a new site Wiley, and eventually RB will be the top dog! Lets keep this forum civilized, and focused.

Maybe we could emphasize on projects, boating discussion, and maybe FAQ's pinned in certain area.

I use to be real active in dslreports.com in the Satellite Internet forum. They had FAQ's specifically placed in a designated area that answered most frequent questions... Such as how to winterize my boat for the winter.... Instead of having a user search these options, have one layed out answer per inboard/outboard.

What do you think?

David

This is a interesting Idea. I feel Reel Boating stands for real boating experience. I do see the fishing side of it. Joe Boater , I am not sure what it stands for. It does sound a lot more down to earth boating.

I think I would use the name Reel Boating and have under it. A place where Joe boater can stay informed or something like that.

Anyway I will be around either way. I can see both sides. How about a sub topic call Joe Boater? A place to ask your boating questions?

Now I hate to say this but how about making the Joe boater sub being funny thing people see boaters doing. One just has to expand on that.

Reelboating is a better name that can span the test of time. The name appeals to boaters and fisherman of all ages. The name Joeboater could be used as a forum name for people to ask questions that maybe they might not feel as comfortable on the other forums asking. People new to boating or trailering or new to rebuilding would be able to ask any questions however small or huge the project they might be working on is.They can ask questions in laymans terms and get expert answers what more could any joeboater want?

It's tough ... THT was a great name.

Well, you have both names, so so set up a second front end on the same database/forums. Skin this second front end in a JoeBoater motif. Put a word filter on the JoeBoater skin to replace the word reelboating with joeboater and vice-versa.

Track the traffic, and let your traffic logs settle the argument.