Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Drift sock sizing question

I recommend the bags that Amish Outfitters sells: http://www.amishoutfitters.com/catalog2.htm They are heavy duty whether using for drifting or trolling. Once in the site, click on "Beefy Bags" for a description. Up on Lake Erie trolling for Walleye, to get a boat your size from 2-3 mph down to 1.0 to 1.5 mph you would probably need a pair of 22" bags tied off to your midship cleats. This company also takes back bags if you find you need something bigger.

I tried contacting the Amish guys but never got a reply so I ended up ging with another one. I forget the brand right now. But I was told a 4 footer would be fine for my 25' cat. That was wrong. It barely turned me at all. I wanted it to keep the bow into the chop to eliminate snap roll. It basically did nothing at all for me.

If a 4 footer is good for you. I have one that I am willing to part with. I used it only twice. PM me and I will get the brand and figure out a price.