Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Mercury Performance Report - 36 Invincible/triple 350 Verados/220 gallons fuel/81 MPH

36 Invincible with stock 300 Verado's

36 Deep Impact w stock 300 Verado's

35 Sea Hunter w stock 300 Verado's

38 Fountain (open) w stock 300 Verado's

33 ST Contender w stock 300 Verado's (Loa is close to 35.6 ft I think)

36 Yellowfin w stock 300 Verado's

Enough jabbering from me.

I am gonna stir the pot a bit and give my prediction of the results of your perfect race:

1) 38 Fountain

2) 36 Invincible

3) 33 ST Contender

4) 36 Deep Impact

5) 35 Sea Hunter

6) 36 Yellowfin

I've run them both as well and I would flip numbers 1 and 2, but that's just me. ;)I've run a 34 Fountain with triple 275 Verados and light fuel vs. me with trip 300 Vrods and full fuel and I blew him away, he topped at 64.5 and I saw 70 flat.I do know, however, the 38 hull is a bit faster than the 34. ;)

That's why these boats need to be run with the same power, same day, side by side, just to end the debate. :)

Have you personally run a 38 Fountain with trip 300 verados? The one I ran hit 76 mph swinging labbed 26" Bravos

I have fished and actually prop tested a 2009 36 Invincible with trip 300 verados with the lightest load imaginable(stripped boat and we actually ran out of fuel) We tested several different props. The best we got was 72 mph with 25 Rev4's and labbed 26 Bravos. The rev's were actually 0.3 mph faster (72.1 vs. 71.8). I realize you own one of, if not the fastest invincible built so it makes since that your boat will run 74 mph with 300 verados

Also, you can't compare a 34 Fountain with a 38; especially a 34 with trip verados. Trust me, I have now owned a dozen of them. In my opinion, trip verados do not belong on the back of a 34. Trip verados are too much weight on the transom and the boat rides bow high and its slow and thirsty(COG is off and steps aren't doing their job) With trip opti's, the 34 is perfectly balanced. Its a totally different boat and has no problem running 73 mph with trip 250 opti's. While the best you will ever get out of trip 275's is 66-67 on a perfect day. Having said that, the 38 actually seems to prefer the weight of the verados on the transom. Especially if its a TE(cuddy). Opti's and verados both run about the same speed on the 38, with the opti's having an edge of maybe 1.5 mph on an open bow and the same speed on the TE.

I am in no way bashing Invincible. Its a fantastic boat. I had the question myself which one was faster. I even thought that maybe the Inv was a tad faster. But, after spending a good bit of time on both hulls I have to give the 38 Fountain the edge in top speed.

Blue Bayou, if your 36 is a little faster than the average 36 Inv. then your boat is probably neck and neck with a 38 Fountain that has the same power as you. If thats the case, then you don't ever have to worry about any cc with trip 300 verados or less ever passing you.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the Deep Impact quad 350 boat handed it to everyone in KW but in fairness, it was the only quad there. How did the trip 350 DI do compared to the triple Inv? I heard that Kirk Beattie (the capt of the INV) was the first boat down to the Tortuga's...

Sounds like the Grove Slam in Apr is going to have a Quad 350 vs a Quad 350 match up....You out there HOMESITE. Last year your boat broke down, you coming back to try and gain your title or are you going to just relinquish it to the Deep Impact? I wish Inv would have a quad 36.

• 1 month later...

Hi, New to Real Boating but like it here. This is one of the first threads I've looked at. My question is has anyone seen the new 37ST Contender. The max HP is 1400 so you could put Quad 350 Verados on it. Any numbers for this boat?

Just make sure you don't break it.

• 2 weeks later...