Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

My new 24 Young with 3 5208's

Oh great, now your picking on my Pacers?? :1143_neener_neener_neener:

street-rod.jpg

DJ is correct. I simply stated my opinion on the electronics setup of Mr. Opaleski's boat. Now, it is apparently evident that not only is that what he wanted, but that he is perfectly happy with it. Since it is his boat, that is all that counts.

I was at Publix the other day. When I came out, there was a young couple with a baby getting out of an AMC Pacer...a PACER!!! With wood grain siding!!! Probably the ugliest car ever built! But they seemed happy with it, so obviously my opinion about that car doesn't amount to a hill of beans, as far as they are concerned.

After all, it is just my opinion...

Carry on! :1992_beer_cheer:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as "not representing Proline", well actually, all employee's represent the company they work for. Maybe your not the official spokesperson, but you do indeed represent them...

Sometime silence is golden.

So I go to a Marina to buy fuel line. I'm waiting in line next to a person who knows me, knows I work for Proline, and we start talking about the Polar Line that the marina carries. I say some things that I don't care for on Polars, and BAM!, now I have exhibited Proline's view on Polar? What kind of world is that which you live in where you have to hide your identity in order to make a comment, positive or negative?

I don't represent Proline, I simply work for them and can give some insight as to their construction, seaworthiness, features, some things I don't like about them, etc. But I don't hide behind them nor take the "high" road much like Mike C does. He doesn't talk bad about anything, regardless. But he has put himself out here as a representative of Proline. I have been an individual member of RB, THT, prolineowners, clasicAS, greatgrady, continuouswave, long before I got him involved. Am I stupid to say who I work for? Maybe in your eyes, yes, but in mine, no. It adds credibility to what I have to say, it also can make me look stupid sometimes. That's the chance I take. I've been building/engineering boats at the production level for 15 years now, I know a little about what I speak of.

A couple of years ago, I had just done our first install of a Teleflex i6000 for dual station/triple Hondas on our 35 Express. I knew to keep the shift/throttle actuators and ECUs in a dry and accessable place, which took quite a bit of engineering/space access/reconfiguration to find a place where they would all be happy. About halfway through the construction process, our plant manager attended a boat show in Stuart, where he boarded an Everglades 35 with an i6000 install. Do you know where the actuators/ECUs were installed? On some glassed in coring on the hull bottom in the bilge!!! And everyone talks about how Everglades is a "superior" boat. Now I'll probably get the Everglades guys on my ass, especially Team Balla's Steakhouse...but that is a true story...

But I'll live. I call a spade a spade. You don't like it? Read something else. But what I do know is I work very hard for my company, I support the CS department in whatever way I can, without being paid for it, I give whatever advice I can on prolineowners and classicAS, and I'd say I have pretty good respect amongst both the boat owning community, as well as the builders. So I will continue to be who I am.

Nice try on the Pacer. I have a feeling you know who I am, Scott. Care to divulge?

Bob C

I think his thread (and the other three) were definitely created to bring attention to the fact that you've managed to squeeze three 5208s on a 24' boat.

Nice boat though, if those 5208s work as well as mine you'll probably nee all three :1898_:

Just put a new 5208 on this little girl:

DSCF0742.jpg

DO NOT like the way I have to go about her menus to get her to show me what I want her to...Kind of makes me think about going back to RayMarine or Furuno... <_<

I think his thread (and the other three) were definitely created to bring attention to the fact that you've managed to squeeze three 5208s on a 24' boat.

Nice boat though, if those 5208s work as well as mine you'll probably nee all three :1898_:

Just put a new 5208 on this little girl:

DSCF0742.jpg

DO NOT like the way I have to go about her menus to get her to show me what I want her to...Kind of makes me think about going back to RayMarine or Furuno... <_<

what is that goin to be a 26ss? i like that console better than the one with the clear acrylic hatch... or maybe they did mine aftermarket..

Ben,

This is the girl that 5208 is on:

DSCF0740-1.jpg

2500 CC. Just the day after she left the plant, she had an unfortunate accident while on the trailer, I just did a 100% electrical replacement on her...

She started life, as you can probably tell, as a "commercial" boat, hence the different console. With our commercial boats, the console we use on the 2500, which is the commercial version of the old 25 Sport, is basically the same as your's, except instead of glassing in a box behind the dash electronics flat and then finishing it off with an "electronics box", we leave the flat, and everything is exposed inside. Your console is a "recreational" console, the one on this 25 is a "commercial" console.

She has a 300 Suzuki, therefore she has electronic shift and throttle. That binnacle is a single Suzuki SMIS binnacle, total plug and play, just like a Merc DTS binnacle.

And if I may add, the dash, and helm, and everything behind it, well, if someone doesn't think I know my sh!t, is all mine...as well as the top, the backend...

I get tired of this crap sometimes... :504_shrugging:

Ask the guy who owns this boat what I've done to help him. And yet I get these guys with, at the most, 3 posts, giving me sh!t about an opinion that, last time I checked in this great country of ours, I am entitled to do! And I would imagine I have been in this business, and built a few more boats than they have...

Off my effin soapbox...for now. Until the next one pops up! :605_thumbs_up:

And let's see them wire this up, and have everything work, first shot:

DSCF0737.jpg

Bob C

Edited by 250 Osprey

O, I don't know who you are, don't care really.

No matter how you care to twist it though, you DO represent Proline when you publicly state you work for them, then slam their competition. I chastise my salesmen for doing exactly that to our competitors, it just looks tacky.. Their is a tactful way to get your point across in a conversation, sometimes it requires a few moments thought though, much like I just spent writing, and yes, editing this.

Lastly, my "lack of posts here" has NOTHING to do with my experience either on the water, under a deck, or on the net..

Scott

PS: I'm stunned you didn't like my Pacer pic... :504_shrugging:

...you DO represent Proline when you publicly state you work for them, then slam their competition.

PS: I'm stunned you didn't like my Pacer pic... :504_shrugging:

As far as the first statement, if you care to feel that way, then what you are saying is that you are dictating to your employees what they do in their personal lives.I find this to be quite un-like what America is supposed to be like...more like what one might expect from countries less free than ours.

I also have not said anything bad about Young boats, in fact, I have been very complimentary of them and their product. What I have pointed out were some things that they do that don't necessarily make a boat "better", just look nicer and cost more money. That is their perogative.

As for the second statement...get over it! :1121_wink:

I have to say I didn't expect some of the comments said on this post. The real reason that I said something about the Garmins is that I wanted to know if two batteries was enough to run them and the boat at the same time? I first posted this in the Electronics area, and people wanted to see the boat and placement of the Electronics. These Garmins are from another boat that I had sold that had a tower--If I was to do it again I would go with a 12" or 15" at the helm amd something smaller at the bow. I just didn't want to be out on the grass flats in Yankeetown or out some miles and not be able to start the engine. Anyways I hope all have a Happy New Year and tight lines to all!