Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Where to install a spotlight?

Thanks for all of the great ideas . . . and many different options

I am going to get the spot light and temporarily connect it to the batteries

I will then hand hold the light at different places to see where I get the best results

I also plan to install a FLIR and a video camera (so that while working the cockpit we can see what is directly in front of the boat)

Thanks again for all the good ideas

Truly appreciate your input :)

Thanks for all of the great ideas . . . and many different options

I am going to get the spot light and temporarily connect it to the batteries

I will then hand hold the light at different places to see where I get the best results

I also plan to install a FLIR and a video camera (so that while working the cockpit we can see what is directly in front of the boat)

Thanks again for all the good ideas

Truly appreciate your input :)

Our pleasure...

FLIR is some pretty great technology. Lots of police agencies, Border Patrol, Coast Guard etc. equip their helos with it to help locate the bad guys, border interlopers, boating victims, and several other uses. Recently around here, FLIR identified a house that was creating a very strong heat image; ends up the place was being used as a grow house for a big crop of "wacky tobacky". :wacko:

FLIR is some pretty great technology. Lots of police agencies, Border Patrol, Coast Guard etc. equip their helos with it to help locate the bad guys, border interlopers, boating victims, and several other uses. Recently around here, FLIR identified a house that was creating a very strong heat image; ends up the place was being used as a grow house for a big crop of "wacky tobacky". :wacko:

Shhhhhhhh

Don't tell the bad guys :1121_wink: