Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

2 stroke or no...that is the question

Thank you much for the guidance, the boat show is coming to Miami here soon, so I may be able to work a deal there.

U da Man by the way! That invincible is bad ass. Outta my range man, but BADASS. Nice boat.

I offered Sea Vee 75k Cash for the boat. No finance, no nada. Been savin and I made the offer. I called the guy about 3 months ago when he first got the boat back, apparently they made it for a charity and then bought it back, but I called him and he said 90k, now its 95k. When I sent him the offer, he said thanks, but 95k or GFY basically. So, Im in a bind. I feel the boat is not worth much more than 75k. Limited rod holders, no electronics, you know, an entry level Sea Vee. I mean it will get me out on the water, and I have a friend who can hook me up with more rod holders and other stuff, he works at a Local Boat Manufacturer so I get hooked up, but what would you suggest paying for such a boat (Sea Vee).

I wouldn't pay more than 80K for that boat with no options, electronics, etc. By the time you add what you want, like I said, it is AT LEAST 40K if you want to do it right. If you want to do it very right and not chince (like nobody should on a boat this caliber), you're probably looking closer to 60-70K to get it ready, or about 140K out the door for a fully loaded 29 with less power than desired.

A 2009 for that kind of money sounds pretty reasonable to me; especially with full warranties. Optimax engines are fine and will last a long time and I agree with the statements about the very good fuel economy, plus I would expect 45-50 mph top end. Someone will pay 95ish for that particular boat if you won't would be my guess.

I think the OP is turned off on the SeaVee due to the Salesman that has no people skills.

Now I will be mean...........

Hey I'll give you 85K , CASH, for that non rigged, under powered, last years model boat and the dumd ass salesman raises the price another 5K after he told you 90K was ASKING price .

Is what happened here is you made the mistake of telling the Thieving salesman you have CASH , bad move on your part.

If the sales man ask you if you have/need financing just tell him you have it covered . NEVER tell them you have CASH cuz they will get reel stupid and greedy , that green stuff goes right in there pocket.

You should work ANY Boat/Car/Truck deal like you have NO MONEY then just before you sign and I mean JUST BEFORE YOU SIGN THE FINAL TIME decide to put you money down or pay cash , That really pisses them off cuz it ALL goes to the bank and NOT THERE POCKET.

Another way to mess with them is , Call a Bank or a Credit union and ask them to give you a appraised value of said mode of transportation and if the price works for you then go to the dealer and TELL them what you will give and that you have your own PRE APPROVED Financing [ Your banks price is always lower than the dealer is asking] This puts you in CONTROL .

JUst remember , NEVER tell the salsman you have cash.

Welder,

While I agree with your "mean" comments regarding the use of the word "cash" during a negotiation, I must disagree with you in this instance. I went to Sea vee, looked at the boat and began to look for financing. No agreement on price, I just needed to get financing to begin the negotiation. I was told that based on my Tax records.....that I have less than a snowballs chance in hell of getting financing. So, I did some soul seraching..figured that if I could get the boat for 75k, I would be happy parting with it. I would later add electornics and other stuff, kinda a project boat but a new one, not fixing someone else's mistake. So, I offered the 75k. Financing is tighter than it has been for a while. I do well financially, but I am no choir boy so I cannot get financing. I sincerely appreciate the advice and I am still looking...I am moving towards a used seahunter with triples that may go for that, it is the 2005 model so it is not as desirebale as others, but I will sea trial it see how I like it.

Dmarvin,

Way cool , I just like messing with salesmen when buying . Sounds like you got it handled , just got to find the right boat that fits your needs.

From the sponsors on my site,They are telling me that just about no one qualifies for a lone now and it's killing boat sales BIG time. Them dang banks are Richard Craniums .

Dmarvin,

Way cool , I just like messing with salesmen when buying . Sounds like you got it handled , just got to find the right boat that fits your needs.

From the sponsors on my site,They are telling me that just about no one qualifies for a lone now and it's killing boat sales BIG time. Them dang banks are Richard Craniums .

Let us know what you think about the SH seatrial. Beweare of 275 Verados from that year.